T-Mobile offering all smartphones for free this weekend

By on February 8, 2011, 10:30 AM
Looking to steal some attention away from the much-publicized Verizon iPhone launch, T-Mobile has announced that it will offer all of its phones for free on February 11 and 12 -- as long as you sign a new two-year contract, of course. The offer includes around 30 different devices from a number of manufacturers, from so-called 4G models such as the Android-equipped HSPA+ myTouch 4G and G2, to the Samsung Vibrant and the Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7.

The deal will be available on T-Mobile stores for both new and existing customers and some devices will require a mail-in rebate. Keep in mind that Mobile World Congress is just around the corner, so if you must get only the latest and greatest you might want to hold off -- we know the Vibrant 4G is coming to T-Mobile and a few other devices should hit other carriers as well. Still, this will certainly be the cheapest way to get a high-end smartphone for a while.

princeton princeton said:

Nice to know T-mobile is promoting their (not even remotely close to) 4G network. I'd just grab the phone that is typically the most expensive and sell it.

Jibberish18 said:

I wish this would sway me to get a WinPhone7 Phone but alas it just won't. T-Mobile isn't the greatest network in Chicago for one, for two, their copy cat Apple-Esque commercials are just terrible and don't deserve any praise and three, I don't like 2 year contracts. It's either US Cellular or bust it seems like. Damn you Microsoft and your choice to do GSM only at launch!

The5Xfactor said:

That hurts!! ..I just bought mine for $150 only last week form T-Mobile....(with 2 -year contract!)

princeton princeton said:

Jibberish18 said:

MS is sorry that the US is the only country in the world that still relies on CDMA with most carriers. /sarcasm

Maybe when you guys move off EvDo then you will get phones the day they launch.

Jibberish18 said:

Princeton said:

Jibberish18 said:

Maybe when you guys move off EvDo then you will get phones the day they launch.

GSM technology DOES have it's advantages.