Modern Warfare 3 arrives early for some lucky gamers

By on November 7, 2011, 11:30 AM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is arriving a day early for some lucky individuals. Gamers who attended the two-day Call of Duty XP event in September have begun receiving their complementary Hardened Edition copies in the mail.

Tickets for the event were $150 and included a free copy of Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 that would ship “when the game becomes available”.

Xbox 360 versions were shipped overnight via FedEx Priority from Burbank, California. More specifically, the return address shows the sender is LAgraphico, a marketing team that lists Activision / Blizzard as one of their clients. We have confirmed that at least two people have received their games thus far, both 360 versions.

A launch trailer for the game was released two weeks ago. This year’s title is being developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games with Activision once again publishing the game. Call of Duty: Black Ops set a new record for the video game industry last year when 5.5 million copies were sold on launch day. With an even larger marketing campaign this year that includes 2,700 launch parties at WalMart stores across the nation, it’s entirely possible that Modern Warfare 3 will raise the bar once again.

As of writing, Xbox Live reports there are roughly 44,000 users playing Modern Warfare 3 online.

Did you attend Call of Duty XP and if so, have you received your game early or are you still waiting just like everyone else for a midnight release?

yRaz yRaz said:

"it's entirely possible that Modern Warfare 3 will raise the bar once again."

You mean lower the bar again?

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Did you hear about the story of some thugs that stole 6,000 copies of this game? that cracked me up.

[link]

Although I have to admit, I was watching a multi-player video on gamespot and they are FINALLY BRINGING BACK DEDICATED SERVERS! This alone may sway me if the reviews are any good to pick this up if i can find it for a reasonable price

I just read one of the first Modern Warfare 3 reviews @ http://mwarfare3.com . The game sounds like it's going to be great and I can't wait to get my hands on it come midnight! I woner if the servers are going to crash because it seems like everyone in the world is getting this game.

Awwww. You must have been tbagged alot... Im sorry.

loads of people who preorder games tend to get them the day before depending on location/service. Same goes to MW3 just like any other game, but MW3 gets an article about it... really?

lipe123 said:

You know I was excited for every COD release since MW1/COD4 but not anymore.

WAW, MW2, BO were all DISASTERS on PC and to this day sucks hard, so yea you finally let me down enough times IW/activision.

Hope the console guys enjoy their game they successfuly stole from the PC.

How can MW3 raise the bar again? It has only come out once :p :)

Google "Modern Warfare 3 Thieves Crash Into Van Carrying 6,000 Copies" & you find a story on how desperate people are to get their hands on this video game. This happened in France.

klepto12 klepto12, TechSpot Paladin, said:

meh BF3 is the only way to go COD franchise has let me down since WAW came out using the same gfx engine for like 5 games come on guys there is a reason BF3 is advertised as Above and Beyond the CALL!!!!! Wonder why they said it like that??????

Lionvibez said:

This is great news for us BF3 players now the 12 year COD players can get out of our game where you actually have to work as a team and accomplish missions. And can go back to the rampant spawn camping and getting screamed at by their mums for staying up to late.

Its a win win!

tonylukac said:

I must be special because I went to COD, College of Du Page.

Boricua Zero said:

Yeah I attended the COD XP but unfortunately i didn't received my Harden Edition copy but the sad part of it I called FedEx earlier today and they told me it was cancelled. Now I have to go to the store and buy myself a copy because of the retards who cancelled my shipment.And by the way the funniest thing about this I live in northern part of California 6 hours away from Los Angeles.

DanUK DanUK said:

This is the first COD game I haven't had on pre-order since Modern Warfare 1... But imo MW1 was the best of the series and it's been downhill since there. MW2, WAW and BO were all distinctly "meh", theyre basically all just the same game with a different campaign and a few different guns.. big deal.

Maybe you could say the same for battlefield.. idk. But I just enjoy battlefield so much more. BF3 is just plain amazing. I will pick up MW3 when steam decide to slash it..

I had my game since nov 7 and some of my friend form nov 5-6 and i am in cyprus our stores leaked it!!!!

jackal2687 said:

lionvibez said:

Its a win win!

Its a win for us too, less snipers, spawn killers and campers to worry about. :P

jackal2687 said:

By the way, I went to XP and I received my copy a day early. Just to confirm, and yes, its amazing.