Crysis 3 officially announced, coming spring 2013

By on April 16, 2012, 11:30 AM

EA has officially taken the wraps off of Crysis 3 although a brief premature posting on Origin last week left gamers with several clues as to the direction of the next title in the franchise. As you were likely able to surmise, the game will take place in an urban environment (New York to be exact), albeit with a slight twist.

Players will control Nanosuit soldier Prophet in the year 2047 as he battles through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome on a mission for revenge. The nanodome contains seven different environments including a rain forest, urban swamp, grasslands and even a Wall Street canyon.

A new Nanosuit will guide players along their journey and assist with the use of several new weapons, both of human and alien origin. We know for a fact that there will be a composite bow and there’s also mention of a Jackal shotgun, Typhoon assault weapon and Feline submachine gun as part of various pre-order multiplayer unlocks.

The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available for pre-order now which grants players early access to the new bow, bow skin and attachments in multiplayer mode, the specially-equipped Hunter Nanosuit, three dog tags and a bonus XP boost up to level 5. You can place a pre-order now through Origin or any other participating retailer. Crysis 3 is set to arrive in the spring of 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC for $59.99

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Ain't touching it until it hits the $5 bargain bin - and even then I'm not sure. I simply don't trust EA any longer and their ability to put out quality games.

IvanAwfulitch IvanAwfulitch said:

I hope they fixed the memory leaks from Crysis 1 and Warhead... and that they went back to the top-notch graphics instead of a modest quality console port. For that matter, I hope they go back to the Crysis 1 story line and show what the hell happened with Prophet, Nomad, and Psycho after they downed the Alien Battleship and flew back into the sphere. Not going to be holding my breath on that one, though.

soldier1969 soldier1969 said:

Another console port like 2 was no thanks EA. Too far away to talk about too.

Captain828 Captain828 said:

We'd probably be given a three-coloured ending if they ever do that.

thanks but i love my BF3 :)

yRaz yRaz said:

Should have kept the original concept with the original characters. I was hoping for(after warhead) they would have a side-by-side trilogy for what happened to each of them on the island. It's too bad they tried to change the direction of the game as well as force you to use origin. The reason I bought Crysis 2 is I managed to pick up the hardcopy at best buy for $20 with a gift card.

Of course C3 is $60. It also seems as though you have to pre order the "hunter edition" if you want early access to special weapons, eff off EA. They keep screwing gamers and don't even give us the courtesy of the reach-around. I remember how excited I was waiting for the first crysis to come out, now I'm disappointed they're even making a third.

Leeky Leeky said:

I'm not even remotely interested until I can at least buy Crysis 2 on Steam. I quite simply refuse to use Origin when I already have a perfectly good account with Steam already. Doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, EA are too busy raping gamers.

princeton princeton said:

I love how EA continues to pump out horrible games and they wonder why their share prices have plummeted. Now they're rumoured to be laying off 500 people. Safe to say after Crysis 2 I won't even touch this.

ikesmasher said:

crysis 2 MP was god awful. If i pick that up, its for graphics and maybe a slightly entertaining campaign, but i cant imagine keeping it on my disc for long.

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

E3 2012 should be this exciting. Many TBAs pending to release for 2012

Hopefully they listen to the community and fix some issues.

2 was really good in some ways and really bad in others.

Respawning enemies, interactive cut scenes, the (way too) short vehicle sections and the inability to shoot down "flying objects" spoiled things a bit. Drop the J-bombs as well, it is not appreciated.

Most of all DON'T WASTE TIME ON STUPID MULTIPLAYER. It is dumb and not needed.

*sigh* wishful thinking.