Battlefield games on sale for $10 to celebrate 10th anniversary

By on September 20, 2012, 1:30 PM

DICE is holding a week-long celebration to commemorate the 10th anniversary of its Battlefield franchise. Each day until September 28 the company will run a special feature for fans of the series, such as reposting trailers from Battlefield 1942 with comments by its original creator or organizing a chat with Battlefield 1942 veteran Lars Gustavsson, who has worked on almost every Battlefield title since the start.

To kick things off the company is discounting a bunch of Battlefield games on Origin.com, so even those who are new to the series have something to look forward to. For 24 hours only until midnight September 20, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand Expansion Pack, Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, and Battlefield 2142 Deluxe are all available for $10 each on EA’s digital distribution platform.

That’s not a bad deal considering Battlefield 3 was released less than a year ago to mostly positive reviews and currently sells for $30, with the Back to Karkland expansion landing a couple of months after release. Battlefield 3 recently saw its second expansion arrive with Armored Kill. The latter isn’t part of $10 deal, but nonetheless if you’ve missed out on the Battlefield 3 action thus far this is a good chance to jump in.

Check out the Battlefield blog over the next week for other celebration-related announcements.

1 person liked this | Littleczr Littleczr said:

How about they make a map editor for a 10th anniversary. How about that one? and also stop selling dlcs and include them in the game.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Man, I remember sinking some serious hours into the original BF 1942. For its time, that was one helluva original concept - and the rest is history. The amount of money made not only on the Battlefield series, but all the spinoffs has to be in the billions of dollars.

1 person liked this | NTAPRO NTAPRO said:

Maybe they are already in the game but need to be unlocked to save space LOL

ikesmasher said:

Sweet, I have to pick 3 up...hopefully origin wont be a complete headache as for so many others.

1 person liked this | ramonsterns said:

If only I wasn't forced to use that malware they call "Origin", I'd buy some in a heartbeat.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

I've been monitoring the price of Battlefield Premium for about 3 months. I told myself I'd only buy it if it went on sale. Battlefield Premium Edition (BF3 with Premium) came out a few weeks back for $60 and Battlefield Premium is still $50. Why not sell premium for $10 this weekend? I have only seen it on sale one time in the last 6 months and it was still $37.50.

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

You don't, I believe there are already emulators or unless you want to play Single Player.

Also Origin is not Malware, you may want to research what Malware actually is.

(I know what you are implying, but still...)

backo said:

There is a small error in the article. BF3 has three expansion: Back to Karkland, Close Quarters and Armored Kill.

A great game... take advantage of the deal and see you on the Battlefield :-)

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

BF3 has 5 expansions, you forgot the last two which are End Game and Aftermath

psycros psycros said:

Give me Codename Eagle 2!

Is this US only? When I click on the link, it offers me Battlefield 3 Premium edition for ?50 (that's $65 or so).

DanUK DanUK said:

Awesome! I already have most of these games but great to see a company doing something like this, everyone wins.

BC2 is great and currently loving BF3.. possibly the best shooter I've ever played.

Lets not for get 2142 as well.. that was one incredible game, sunk some serious hours into that.