At Microsoft's Gamescom 2013 press event, the company has detailed several aspects of the Xbox One launch. Firstly, Europeans who pre-order or who have already pre-ordered the console will be gifted a free digital copy of FIFA 14 "while stocks last", adding value to the €499/£429 purchase. There will also be a Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle available at launch, although no price was announced.
Alongside the launch of the Xbox One in November, Microsoft has stated that 23 games will be available to purchase and play. The list, seen in full below, includes major multi-platform titles such as Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs, as well as few Xbox One exclusives including Ryse and Forza Motorsport 5.
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Microsoft also announced Fable Legends at the event, an Xbox One exclusive developed by Lionhead Studios. The four-player co-op game is part of the long-running Fable franchise, and it'll see gamers take control of both hero and villain characters. A release date for the game wasn't announced.
Notably missing from the announcements at Gamescom was the release date of the Xbox One itself. Microsoft has already said the console will be launching sometime in November, but aside from that, gamers are left guessing as to when they'll be able to get their hands on the next-generation system.
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: