FBI to arrest teenage author of damaging Internet virus-like infection (Blaster)
- The FBI has identified a teenager as the author of a damaging virus-like infection unleashed on the Internet and plans to arrest him early Friday, a U.S. official confirmed Thursday.
IBM extended its lead in the server market
in the second quarter of 2003, stealing a sizable slice of the worldwide market for the powerful computers away from Sun Microsystems, a new study shows.
Intel cuts off wireless networking gear
- Chipmaker Intel has discontinued sales of its branded wireless networking products to focus on its Centrino technology.
Computer games 'boosts hearing'
- A simple computer game can dramatically improve children's listening skills by teaching them to distinguish between sounds, new research suggests.
IBM expands monitor recall
- IBM on Thursday expanded its recall of certain 15-inch monitors, saying hundreds of thousands more units have a potentially faulty part that could create a fire hazard.
Who says size doesn't matter? In the search engine duel between Google and Overture
Services, it equals bragging rights.
Japan leads mobile game craze
- Game makers have been offered a glimpse of the latest in games for mobile phones, with insights into the sort of things keeping Japanese thumbs busy.