Benchmarks: Specs & 3Dmark Vantage
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (2.53GHz) LGA775
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz) LGA775
- AMD Phenom X4 9850 (2.50GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom X4 9750 (2.40GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom X4 9650 (2.30GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom X3 8750 (2.40GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom X3 8650 (2.30GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom X3 8450 (2.10GHz) AM2+
- x2 1024MB Corsair XMS PC2-6400 CAS4 Modules
- ASUS P5E3 Premium (Intel X48)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (174.74)
- ATI Catalyst 8.5
- Intel System Drivers (8.4.0)
- Nvidia nForce 18.11
Our first batch of results has been recorded using 3Dmark Vantage as we look at the CPU and GPU scores.
Regardless of the processor the Asus GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics card produces roughly the same result in 3Dmark Vantage. The CPU scores, however, were quite different with the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 delivering the best result. In the grand scheme of things, the Core 2 Duo E7200 does quite poorly here, producing the lowest score of the 9 processors tested. That said, the E7200 is just one of two dual-core processors tested, the other being the 3.0GHz E8400 (mind the triple-core Phenoms).
Featured on Processors
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.