Nigerian spammer thrown in slammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

What a headline. I guess we've all gotten those Nigerian scam emails haven't we? I guess it will all stop now. Yeah sure. The last line is great, I think I'll get my check book out and get ready. HehHeh.

Here is the entire quote form an article in the Inquirer.

THE AUSTRALIAN brains behind the Nigerian spam scam was today sentenced to at least four years behind bars.

Nick Marinellis admitted to 10 counts of fraud and one count of perverting the course of justice over the so-called Nigerian or West African scam.

A NSW District Court heard how the scam cost victims nearly $5 million.

Wigged Judge Barry Mahoney sentenced Marinellis to five years and three months jail with a non-parole period of four years and four months. The sentence will be backdated to October last year.

Judge Mahoney said a significant sentence was needed to deter others from committing similar offences. According to Australian Associated Press, officials might let Marinellis out February 28, 2008.

We wonder how long it will be before his business associates in Nigeria drop us a line to ask us to help free the $5 million that is resting in his bank account by giving them details of ours. µ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back