Sqlmangr.exe Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandakishore

Hi,

I have installed SQL 2000 on my Win2k Proff (service pack4). After the installation and the reboot of the PC, it giving an error "[COLOR=] sqlmangr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program"[/COLOR]I have tried SQL SP 3 also...but still it happens.

Kindly advise as quick as possible.

Regards
Nand Kishor

What SQL Server Edition are you installing?

Personal Edition?
Standard Edition?
Enterprise Edition?
They have diffrent system requirements

Personal Edition: Personal Edition can works on the Windows 98, Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later, Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later and on the all editions of Windows 2000. This edition is related to SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition.

This edition has some restrictions:
maximum 2 CPU
no Distributed Partitioned Views
no Log Shipping
no Parallel DBCC
no Parallel index creation
no Failover clustering
no publishing for transaction replication
maximum 2Gb RAM

Standard Edition:Standard Edition can works on the Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5, Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition and on the Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/DataCenter.

This edition has the following restrictions:
maximum 4 CPU (up to 8 CPU on the Windows NT Enterprise Edition)
no Distributed Partitioned Views
no Log Shipping
no Parallel index creation
no Failover clustering
maximum 2Gb RAM

Enterprise Edition: Enterprise Edition can works on the Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5, Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition and on the Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/DataCenter.

This edition can use:
up to 32 CPU on the Windows 2000 DataCenter up to 8 CPU on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server and on the Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition up to 4 CPU on the Windows NT Server 4.0 and on the Windows 2000 Server
up to 64Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 DataCenter up to 8 Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server up to 4 Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 Server up to 3 Gb RAM on the Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition up to 2 Gb RAM on the Windows NT Server 4.0
Distributed Partitioned Views
Log Shipping
Parallel index creation
Failover clustering

Then there is Developer Edition,Desktop Engine,SQL Server CE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back