How to remove Client Services for Netware

subzer0

This piece of junk caused my welcome screen to become the classic version, and whenever I try to set it back to the original using the control panel, it says:

Client Services for Netware has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features , you must uninstall Client Services for Netware.

I have searched other forums and they say to go to Network Connections and uninstall the thing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this program anywhere. Please help me find a way to get rid of this piece of junk that installed itself on my computer.

In network connections, open the properties of your network card. Select the Novell thing and click "uninstall".

In Device Manager, tell it to show hidden devices and uninstall all IPX/Novell stuff you see.

Well the problem is I cant find the Novell thing to uninstall. The only things I find in the properties are: Client for Microsoft Networks, File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, QoS Packet Scheduler, and TCP/IP. I can't find anything in the Device Manager either

From here - http://www.computing.net/netware/wwwboard/forum/5250.html

In control panel, click on network and internet connections. Then click on network cnnections. Right click on properties and select the network/internet connection you use. Check each one individually by right clicking and then clicking properties. When you see the client services on netware in the list of properties click on it to remove the small x. don't click anything else. Now scroll down and hit unnstall. Your PC will reboot with the old netware logon. After it does go back to control panel and click user accounts and change how people logon. Now you will be allowed to re-establih the welcome and fast switching tabs that netware disabled.

I don't think I've made myself clear enough because I only said it 3 times. I can't find anywhere on my PC this program called Client for Netware/Novell. As I said before, there is no sign of it in my network connections either.

It does work

I have completed what Peddant has said and even though there is nothing indicated about NOVELL in Device manager or under properties. Make sure that you do open properties in what you are currently using like DSL or DIAL UP or CABLE. You will then see a block with a check (tick) in Client Services for Netware (and if you do not you have not went to the correct type of network you are using). Take out the check (tick) mark and then do uninstall.

The reboot. You will come up with the same as you had before but now you go to your USER accounts and you can now put two check marks (ticks) in the 2 boxes that are displayed.

Reboot again and you will see that your old screen now comes up and you will not have to enter a password again and your computer will bootup as it normally did before.

I did spend 2 hours on this today (5 Dec 06) but it does work...

Enjoy and thanks for the information since I have fought this problem for the last 2 weeks.

Nodsu said:
In network connections, open the properties of your network card. Select the Novell thing and click "uninstall".

In Device Manager, tell it to show hidden devices and uninstall all IPX/Novell stuff you see.

I have already done the first part but in device manager what exactly do I have to uninstall... I mean wat exactly wud u mean by IPX/novell... I dont know much bout all of this stuff

Removing NetWare Client Services

NetWare did not show in my network connection properties, and downloading/installing the Microsoft fix did not work either. So, I went to Control Panel, System, Services and located it under the name Client Services where it was programmed to start automatically...I then clicked to open it's properties, and disabled it.

The truth is that Some Window Xp don't usually have it there as Client Service for netware. What on the list for some windows are: Network Monitor Driver,NWLink...,Internet Protocol(TCP/IP), Qos Packet Scheduler,File and Printing...,and Client for Microsoft Networks. Some are propably ticked while some are not. If this is the case just check the control panel and uninstall CSNW from your system and go back into your control panel USER ACCOUNT and select your welcome screen.

All 4 NAIJA!

Remember one thing when you are uninstalling the Client for Netware from your nekworking don't forget to remove you internet connection line(cable from your computer cos it's and offline thing to do when your offline is enabled) and your computer will restart imediately and you will proceed to your "USER ACCOUNT" and change your welcome screen.

If you didn't see the CSNW, a cable-like sign on your control panel know that netware is not on your system. And if you still find you welcome screen is not responding to swift-switching try to uninstall the NWlink... and it will come up without hindrances.

ALL 4 NAIJA

subzer0 said:
I don't think I've made myself clear enough because I only said it 3 times. I can't find anywhere on my PC this program called Client for Netware/Novell. As I said before, there is no sign of it in my network connections either.

This was posted a while ago, so it's probably resolved, but just for the people like me that got this forum as a result when googling:

If your "Netware client service" is not showing up in your Local Area Connection (or whichever network connection you use), it is being hidden by a service with a similar name. To access the list of services on your pc, go to Start > Run, and type

services.msc

This will open up the list of all the services on your pc. Go through the list untill you find the service relating to Netware client, i'm 99% sure it has the name "Netware Client", or at least something along those lines.
Once you've found it, right click on it and select "stop". Once it's stopped, right click and open it's properties, and change it's status from Automatic to Disabled.

Reboot your PC.

When you access your Local Area Connection properties now, you should be able to see the "Netware Client Service". Click on this and then click 'Uninstall'.

Reboot PC.

You should now be able to get into the user account control from Control Panel, and change the way users log on/off. :)

"Client Services for NetWare" disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching.

After installing XP and it does not give me the option to select from either one of these two options. When you try, You may receive the error: “Client Services for NetWare has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching”.

To restore these features you must uninstall Client Services for NetWare.

Try one of the following solution

Solution 1

Open control panal and Open Network Connections

Right click on LAN and select Properties

Then where it says connection uses the following click on’Client Services for Netware’

Then press uninstall

If you don’t see Client Services for Netware option try this

Follow the above procedure to get to the network properties (of the network you are using currently). If you can’t see any netware entries do the following:

1. Highlight your network, and click install button.

2. Make sure “Client” is highlighted, and click add.

3. Highlight “Client Service for Netware”, click OK

4. Allow your PC to restart.

Now follow the first method instructions again, and ‘hopefully’ CSNW should be there for you to uninstall.

Solution 2

Go to Start>Run> type Regedit click OK.

Now navigate to the following key from left pane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

and delete GinaDLL key from right pane

Then Reboot Your PC.

You should now be able to go into the user account control from the Control Panel, and change the way users log on/off.

THIS WORKS! I had the problem and it's finally resolved.

SHARE THIS INFO WITH THE WORLD...

Should I uninstall NWLink NetBIOS and NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Pro

I’m having the “Client Services for Netware” problem.
I have read here, various remedies for the problem.
I had no problem finding it, I think.
I know very little about computers and I didn’t want to do anything until I asked about it.
I began to try the first remedy by Nodsu dated 03-18-2006.
In Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties. In the dialog box, in a box labeled “This connection uses the following items:” Right at the top was “Client Services for Netware” and below was an UNINSTALL button. I scrolled down the list, among other items I found NWLink NetBIOS and
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Prot.
Every item in the list had a check mark in the box on the left.
One remedy was to remove the checkmark next to “Client Services for Netware” and uninstall it.
Should I do the same with “NWLink NetBIOS” and “ NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Prot ?

Yes, only Netware uses IPX and SPX. Netbios might be used by older networking kit, but is supplied by MS IP anyway, I believe.

I’m having the “Client Services for Netware” problem.
I have read here, various remedies for the problem.
I had no problem finding it, I think.
I know very little about computers and I didn’t want to do anything until I asked about it.
I began to try the first remedy by Nodsu dated 03-18-2006.
In Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties. In the dialog box, in a box labeled “This connection uses the following items:” Right at the top was “Client Services for Netware” and below was an UNINSTALL button. I scrolled down the list, among other items I found NWLink NetBIOS and
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Prot.
Every item in the list had a check mark in the box on the left.
One remedy was to remove the checkmark next to “Client Services for Netware” and uninstall it.
Should I do the same with “NWLink NetBIOS” and “ NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Prot ?

Thanks, I did get help. I was told to get rid of anything that began with NW so I did. It worked.

I found the "Client Services for Netware" link in control panel, but when right clicked and clicked open, msg said "the service has not been started." Anybody have ANY ideas/suggestions???

I had some of the same problems. The Client wasn't showing up, etc....

I simply opened my network connections.

Right clicked on my main connection "local area connection" and left clicked on properties

When I didn't see "Client Services for Netware", I clicked 'install' and went under Clients and installed it.

Then I rebooted, and went back into the same spot and uninstalled it.

Problem solved.

Uninstall Client Services Netware

Tell Dreihdenflahg that his idea for uninstalling CSN WORKED GREAT. Back to the old ways now. MUCHO THANKS!!!

This piece of junk caused my welcome screen to become the classic version, and whenever I try to set it back to the original using the control panel, it says:

Client Services for Netware has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features , you must uninstall Client Services for Netware.

I have searched other forums and they say to go to Network Connections and uninstall the thing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this program anywhere. Please help me find a way to get rid of this piece of junk that installed itself on my computer.

How I got rid of "Client Services for Netware

Hello subzer0
Please understand, I’m no computer wiz and I have no technical skills with which to help you.
I had this “Client Services for Netware” problem back in June 2009. I barely remember.
I received a lot of help here at TechSpot but the one that worked was: I was told to open “Control Panel” then open “Add or Remove Programs”. Scroll the list of programs and remove anything that began with NW.
I haven’t had the “Client Services for Netware” problem since.

Bert,
Sorry i wasn't around then, uninstalled many NW clients. You might also look for something call NICI in Add/Remove and get rid of that also.
Then look for these two directories on C:\ and delete them also: Novell and NDS.
Did you find Groupwise on the computer?

Back