Can't open www.google.com or gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. this is my first post. I' m from Portugal and I need help!

Since I had a problem with a red icon with a white cross, solved already, my internet connection never allowed me to open www.google.com or www.gmail.com again.. In firefox or IE appears "Unable to connect" "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com".. the same with IE: "The page cannot be displayed" "The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed."..

I believe this is a Trojan or some malware. but I don't have the slightest idea how to solve this one. PLEASE GIVE ME A TIP or some thoughts how to "google" my life again! thanks.

attached the HJT today log file.
thanks.
pedro

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "Y" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ograndealv only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

My opinion

First try adding http://www.google.com to your safe sites. If that doesn't work, this sounds very viral, I've actually had the same problem before and through Symantec's KB was able to find and eliminate the problem. It put up a good fight. I'd isolate the identified files, backup those unaffected you wish to salvage and reimage the PC. Good luck.

fresh log files

I've already tried adding google.com to my safe sites but it didn't do it..

howard:
attached combofix log and fresh hjt log file.
thanks.
pedro

Your system has a rootkit infection.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly for removing the Rustock rootkit.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ograndealv only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

nothing yet

nothing yet.
I did all the steps that you refer but still can't open google.com or gmail.com

Nevertheless attached fresh AVG, combofix and HJT log files.

Thanks
pedro

I needed you to post an AVG Antispyware log, instead you have posted an AVG antivirus log. The AVG Antispyware programme is a completely different programme. See HERE for instructions on downloading, installing and running AVG Antispyware. Then, post an AVG Antispyware log into your next reply.

Also, can you tell me what happened with the RegRun Reanimator?

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yz Shadow] -

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinRoll] -

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back