Windows Problems :[ with HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My computer constantly overheats (which kinda means I need a new cooling system) but that's not the point. When it does overheat, it crashes. Last time it crashed a bunch of .sys files and .dll's got screwed over (as I saw in the chkdisk when booting windows) my DVD-RW wasn't working anymore so... I kinda worked around that and put the new firmware in... and everything was ok after that.

Now I suppose something happened in windows with my 2nd HDD... as now when I try to access it, it says that it is unformatted and Windows needs to format it.... I have over 120GB of info there that I really need.... :dead:

Also I went in with Partition Magic, checked it for errors, everything was cool :S .... I don't know what to do... I don't want to reinstall windows unless its the last thing I can possibly do....

I booted a live linux distro and the drive showed up just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Copy your files somewhere else using Linux and reformat in Windows. And fix the cooling or at least underclock your system. One day you are going to lose something really important and that day will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back