computer wont load up

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanimefanx

Its a gateway computer i am on it now but when i was on mypsace the moust froze and nothing else would work at all i turned off the computer with the power button restarted and it said Press F11 for system restore 3..2..1 or whatever well i tried to load up the computer and it wont work then i remeber i have Knoppix on a cd so i load knoppix and now my mom and sister are mad at me because they think i deleted my sisters file please help me fix this please or i will be grounded for something not my fault

Computer will not load up past the F11 press to recover

here i am again on Knoppix and my computer froze with the mouse and nothing would work so i loaded the Knoppix live cd :( please i dont know why it keeps freezing help

Threads merged.

Check your system temps and check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Maybe try a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

crap my sister viewed a youtube video and a blue screen appeared and said some stuff like dumping something or something now i try to start it and it says Missing OS and my disk for loading the full system restore wont work just knoppix :(

i still cant figure out what to do

Does that mean you don`t have a proper WindowsXP cd? If that`s the case, it`s looking like you maybe screwed I`m afraid.

I suggest you take out the hard drive and install it in another pc as a slave drive. Backup your important data and replace the drive into your pc as master. Then, buy a WindowsXP cd and reformat and reinstall from scratch.

Other members may have better ideas, but that`s all I can think of right now.

Regards Howard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back