ASUS Ai Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewi

Here is my problem, I ordered an ASUS Ai Remote over Ebay to use on my ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe Motherboard, however the installation driver was programmed foolishly and wont allow me to bypass this warning message...

"AI Remote does not suppport this model or you must upgrade BIOS."

I have contacted ASUS with possibly a solution... yet of course ( how surprising ) they have yet to respond.

Can anyone tell me of a method to bypass this error message and or to extract the files to manually install them myself?

Note: all attempts to extract the .cab files failed "No Achives Found"

Bump, anyone at all... If I could provide the installers for the particular remote drivers, could someone possibly modify the installer to be more forth coming to other motherboards... or extract them for me? o.o

Note: all attempts to extract the .cab files failed "No Achives Found"
Yes just upload it here, and I'll check if there's anything in the Cab file

Actually you can upload to a free server like: http://savefile.com/upload.php
And then copy and paste the link to a new reply

But it really just sounds as though your model of computer and that software is not compatible

Yes just upload it here, and I'll check if there's anything in the Cab file

Actually you can upload to a free server like: http://savefile.com/upload.php
And then copy and paste the link to a new reply

But it really just sounds as though your model of computer and that software is not compatible

Thanks for your response Kimsland The installers are in the links below, I'd like a chance to try out both of them, incase one does not work.

My ASUS Ai Remote came with a P5E type motherboard, but my current motherboard is an M2N32 SLI Deluxe, and since M2N32 SLI Premium comes with an Ai Remote... I'm guessing it would work perfectly on an M2n32 Deluxe, but just in case the M2N32 drivers dont work for the remote, the P5E ones will have to do.

I appreciate any help on this matter, thank you! ^o^

http://files.filefront.com/AIRemote+10015zip/;12806438;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/AI+Remote+V10020zip/;12806439;/fileinfo.html

Okay after ALOT of headache, I managed to extract the .cab files.... Now to figure out where everything goes so it works right... Where could I find that information /hmmm XD <3 i6comp.exe XD

Any idea?

Maybe check Device Manager, for any device that requires updating
Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc

Or try this:
Go h e r e and find your drivers and automatically update them
By the way, I would have preferred savefile.com server ! So because of that, and your latest reply, I didn't download them

Maybe check Device Manager, for any device that requires updating
Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc

Or try this:
Go h e r e and find your drivers and automatically update them
By the way, I would have preferred savefile.com server ! So because of that, and your latest reply, I didn't download them

I had already had the files uploaded to filefront before you asked ;p Anyway I am using version 15 drivers from the .cab ... I am getting a few errors because I did not install, I simply extracted and ran them, so I'm guessing this is the cause...

Also these are my Ai Controls which are effected by the exe experiencing the following errors, however all functions do work despite the error, it may be caused by a device version check.

Whenever AiRc.exe is Running

AiQuietGetDevice Error
AiQuietSetDevice Error
AiQuietCheckPower Error

Hmm
Usually it's just a matter of downloading it and installing it
Actually I haven't actually checked the program and all the things it does
But I'd probably make sure it's all cleaned out, (in Add\Remove Programs or any devices in Device Manager) and then just start again

Hey also I looked at your uploaded wallpaper (the cute ones ;) )
But I noticed you seem to have an animated short movie too (not actually sure)
If you do, can you upload it to savenow (free web server) Sorry this may be way off topic, and you may not have time. Just thought I'd ask :eek:

Hmm
Usually it's just a matter of downloading it and installing it
Actually I haven't actually checked the program and all the things it does
But I'd probably make sure it's all cleaned out, (in Add\Remove Programs or any devices in Device Manager) and then just start again

Hey also I looked at your uploaded wallpaper (the cute ones ;) )
But I noticed you seem to have an animated short movie too (not actually sure)
If you do, can you upload it to savenow (free web server) Sorry this may be way off topic, and you may not have time. Just thought I'd ask :eek:

kimsland, as I have said, I had to manually extract the .cab files, there was no installation because the original installer prevented me from installing. So of course there wouldn't be any add/remove information.

As for what did you want me to upload? The video ? Unfortunately that is a full fledged anime series in a docked windows media player task bar carousel. It consists of 5 something GB o.o

The anime is called Simoun you can look it up at www.isohunt.com

Thanks, oh well I thought it may have been small. (oh well)

Anyway, yes the installer not working
So any word from Asus?

Thanks, oh well I thought it may have been small. (oh well)

Anyway, yes the installer not working
So any word from Asus?

XD are there ever any words from ASUS ? XD

I'm still waiting on a reply ( 1 year+ now ) regarding an IDE DVD RW drive that lags me every time my bios posts

its like this...

Detecting Devices....

5-7 seconds later

Devices detected

Happens Every time a cd/dvd is in drive, whether or not the drive is set in boot priority or not.

then goes onto booting windows XD

Bad CD\DVD Drive
It may require cleaning or replacing (or it's the discs themselves)
Probably dusty, but the fix will be to replace in the end.

Bad CD\DVD Drive
It may require cleaning or replacing (or it's the discs themselves)
Probably dusty, but the fix will be to replace in the end.

Generally when I run into defective CD/DVD drives, it effects overall system performance, not just one aspect @_@

I agree I have been a bit layed back on this thread (sorry about that :eek: )
But I still agree with the drive issue, anyway! :)

I agree I have been a bit layed back on this thread (sorry about that :eek: )
But I still agree with the drive issue, anyway! :)

Well at least you werent screaming at me about "Boot priority" like on ASUS Forums, when I told them a hundred times lol at least you are helpful XD

I wonder what could the root cause of it be... Perhaps it is my IDE controller ;o

The onboard hardware controller?
I suppose it's a possibility...
Make sure any IDE (actually they are ATA) device is jumpered (at the back of the drive) for CS
And best they (the CD\DVD Drive) is actually on its own IDE Cable, nothing else attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back