Difficult: blue screen + crash when starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I'm currently having trouble with my computer, and I am looking for help.

When I start my computer, it crashes quickly (before starting windows) with a nice blue screen with "Driver IRQL not less or equal", emptying physical memory, ...
0X000000D1 (0X10F0E534, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8631E8D7)

Hopefully I can stil start my PC in without error mode, and use internet to ask for:
* explanation: does soemone understand what's happening ?
* help : does someone know how to fix it ?

I'm using Windows XP, media center edition 2005, SP3, on a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.

I don't think it's caused by a viruses, as I am using an antivirus (AVG).
I don't understand what happened, since it worked yesterday and I don't remember I did something particular yesterday.

I have put some of the minidump file in attachment, if it can help someone understanding what's happening.

You can always answer me at pierreal99 at yahoo.fr

Thank you in advance,

PS: my mother tongue is french, so sorry for the errors in the text

0x10f0e534

Hi Pierre,

Exactly same for me. 0X10F0E534 got me to your message.
XP, AVG, SP3, even the Dell laptop XP software, except I am running it on a non-dell PC. I use automatic windows update.

Like with you the problem started today. I can only get in using safe-mode.

I used an older harddisk and that somehow got through the bleu screen, allowing me to update all drivers. But that didnt help. Since then only safe mode access.

Sorry I dont have the answer. But its too coincidental we have same problem with virtually same setup.

Rgrds, Rob

Thank you so much !!

It worked ! Done with this f**** no failure mode :)

I have unistalled AVG and have run the AVGremover, and it started correctly again !

I will now use the ccleaner, and install avira.

So, if I understand well, it was caused by some kind of incompatibility between AVG and my version of windows XP ?

Thank you again,

an happy user

So, if I understand well, it was caused by some kind of incompatibility between AVG and my version of windows XP ?
Basically :)

It seems that AVG8 is not the best when your system gets infected, this being because AVG8 will miss certain Virus\Malwares coming in !
When this happens, AVG8 will corrupt and then cause network issues
It is very similar to how Norton corrupts under infection

If Avira corrupts (which I have never seen) Avira will just stop working, ie normal
But Avira does not miss any Virus coming in, in the first place ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back