Need to enter bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

I can't remember what F key to hit to get into BIOS while rebooting. I am on windows 98 and a toshiba laptop. Anyone know?

Toshiba® 335 CDS.........................ESC

Toshiba Protege.............................ESC

Toshiba Satellite 205 CDS..............F1

Toshiba Tecra................................ESC then F1 or F2

Toshiba Notebook [Newer models]
1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key. The machine will beep, then display: Check System, then press F1
2. Release ESC key
3. Press F1 key

Thank you I will try these. I need to update windows but can't get os disk to work. I want to make cd boot first.

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I finally got it. I had to hold ESC while rebooting then press F1
I still have to see if it will take upgrade. I am ashamed to say how old it is.

Usually (for newer bios) it's either F2 or Del, but I'm not sure about the older ones.

It usually tells you though somewhere when you first POST.

It's not "annoying" but your posts are starting to look that way :D
I've merged; deleted and replied back with the real answers. You sure you are taking time to read the thread in full?

I haven't seen any of your merges or deletions, but I have seen a few of your responses. Most of the time you just tell others to look in another thread where there really isn't an answer anyways...

Yeah, most of the time I'm reading the threads in full (though a few times I didn't, I will admit that :p )

And doing the following to get into the bios isn't annoying or excessive?

1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key. The machine will beep, then display: Check System, then press F1
2. Release ESC key
3. Press F1 key

Are you sure that you're interpreting my posts correctly or reading them through? ;)

Yes I'm positive
I'm very smart you see ;)

As for your other posts, maybe take your time and read them, I do ;)

And very modest as well :)

Aside from one other thread, would you mind pointing out where I didn't read the thread and gave incorrect information?

And perhaps we should stop hijacking multiple threads with this discussion, hmm? ;)

Well you replied on a 2008 thread (actually not sure why, I'd say he's all fixed up now)
You replied to a "Hello" Titled laptop password thread, this should have just been mentioned to the member to look at the already current (for a year now) thread
You replied saying entering bios was as simple as reading the post screen (which it wasn't, (as stated 1 post before yours)

That type of thing ;)
When I see a member post many posts in a row (yours 22 posts on 14 threads in an hour) I check to see if they are correct, in my view of course :D

Well you replied on a 2008 thread (actually not sure why, I'd say he's all fixed up now)
Yep, I saw it in the "Similar Topics" section and wanted to correct something that was posted. Just because a thread isn't new doesn't mean that it doesn't get looked at when people are searching (through the site or through a search engine).

You replied to a "Hello" Titled laptop password thread, this should have just been
mentioned to the member to look at the already current (for a year now) thread
Indeed I did. And yes, generally it's easier to tell them to look at a sticky, but my answer was still valid nonetheless. And they would have had to look through a 10+ page thread to find their answer, especially for toshiba. Besides, you didn't delete that thread because of me, you deleted it because the creator didn't read the sticky, although I would argue that it maybe shouldn't have been deleted, and it's easier to leave it be than to have him wonder where his thread is and have to answer again...

You replied saying entering bios was as simple as reading the post screen (which it wasn't, (as stated 1 post before yours)
No...I said that generally a lot of times you can find how to enter the bios by looking at the post screen. But I agree, I didn't actually read this thread all the way through until the end :)

When I see a member post many posts in a row (yours 22 posts on 14 threads in an hour) I check to see if they are correct, in my view of course :D

I was at work and had nothing to do, so I figured I'd browse here a bit. It's one thing to have 22 posts and be spamming the threads with useless information, but when most posts address issues and answer questions, then there's nothing wrong with posting. Of course, I could always just not answer any questions at all, but I figured I'd try to be somewhat....umm...helpful? What's the point of a forum when you want people to NOT post constructive input? I mean, I suppose you could try answering every thread by yourself, but then you might be at 100 posts in an hour, and then would have to review your own posts to see if they are correct ;)

You seem to be generalizing that because I didn't read this thread that my posts are not constructive, which almost all of them are... Hey, I'd say that posts in 12/14 threads being useful is a decent percentage, don't you think? And most of the repeated posts in the same threads have come in response to your comments :)

You Guys Did It

I will tell you which one of you was right but I should have really told you how old this toshiba is. It's a 225CDS and I was ashamed at it being so old but I can't update my laptop yet so it serves on the run purpose.
To enter bios: reboot windows: hold down ESC key: message comes up on screen and ask for F1 button to be pressed once for bios: walah

Thanks so much guys and yes I am a beginner in the inner workings but in some areas I do have a little experience. I can always stand to learn something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back