Audio sync problem with AVI

cjmagnum

ok, so i have several movies in .avi format, and when played, on any media player, there is a sync problem. the sound comes before the video by about 4-6 seconds. this happens all throughout video. how do i fix this?

Did you try VLC? It should use its own codecs instead of system wide ones. It is most likely a codec issue and if VLC plays it fine you probably need to update the codec for whatever format the .avis contain.

If you use VLC in the audio options in settings, you can manually change audio and video gaps to help make up for the difference. I have a few rips that I have to do that with. Once you play around with it and get it as close as possible, be sure to write down exactly what speeds you used for future reference.

?? weird.. i never have this problem .. maybe once.. but i use the VLC only (with auto updates so each time i play a new movie it updates the fontcache..not sure how exactly that helps but i get no issues).. no media player for me.. try updating hardware drivers for your audio card and video card.. also i suggest using vlc .. its the best media player out in my opinion and its light..

Back