Alcohol 120% error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Danny

This is kind of wierd. I installed a trial for alcohol 120 and created a virtual cd-drive, then i decided to uninstall it. it didn't give me any errors but then i saw the directory was still there. the program didn't work or anything and wasn't in the add/remove programs list. it said it wouldn't let me delete it because it was still using something. so i went to the registry and cleared out everything associated with alcohol 120% in it. the directory cleared out fine. then i realized that i still needed to use it, so i reinstalled the trial, near the end though it gives the message about some error with a driver being used by something else. kinda wierd...anyone know how to fix it?

You deleted the alcohol directory but did not uninstall the virtual CD driver.

Delete the Alcohol related drivers in Device Manager. Be sure to turn on hidden devices.

When I cleared out the registry entries, I no longer saw the virtual drive i had created, so that's when I cleared the directories. I've also checked in deivce manager, but don't see anything that looks related to alcohol soft. only one of the hidden entries seems to have anything wrong with it, it's called "serial" but I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with the program.

I would try re-installing alcohol120 and then un-install it again...
It's possible you missed something.

patio. :cool:

patio said:
I would try re-installing alcohol120 and then un-install it again...
It's possible you missed something.

That could be a very good suggestion. It should overwrite any files that are currently in place, and then when you uninstall it should go through properly.

Maybe try reinstalling Alcohol in safe mode to prevent windows from loading whatever files it is using?

I agree Nodsu, and you could also Dload a fresh trial...some are funky after the first install. I'm not saying this is true w/alcohol but i've seen it with trial software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back