CAB file missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegangray

When trying to view an attachment to a letter from USA I was told that SKU011.cab was missing and that I should insert Office 2003 to get the file. I did this with no luck. So I am unable to view attach. Any simple ideas on how to get this file?

Regards

pegangray

These posts are two versions of the same solution,from here - http://www.dylangreene.com/blog.asp?blogID=371 There are several other suggestions there as well.

POST 22 :
the problem of SKU011.CAB
change setup.ini
CDCACHE=0

POST 69 :
Marcio in #22 had the solution that worked for me. Go into Registry Editor (Start, Run, "regedit"). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Office, 11.0, Delivery. There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0. This worked for me, but be very careful anytime you edit the system registry. Thanks for the great advice on this board.

Thanks!!

I have been searching for a way to fix the missing sku011.cab for more than 6 months and this registry edit did the trick. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

SKU011.CAB compabilty??

Thank you for your advice I am sure it will help and solve the problem but....

My question is...: by changing the value of CDCACHE to from 2 (in the case of my PC) to 0, will that affect other microsoft family software in the future AND, also, (SINCE my computer works into a local network of several computers) will this change affect the network to work properly[/COLOR]

[POST 22 :
the problem of SKU011.CAB
change setup.ini
CDCACHE=0

POST 69 :
Marcio in #22 had the solution that worked for me. Go into Registry Editor (Start, Run, "regedit"). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Office, 11.0, Delivery. There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0. This worked for me, but be very careful anytime you edit the system registry. Thanks for the great advice on this board.[/QUOTE]

I don`t see why it would affect other MS software or networked computers.

It`s entirely reversible,so try it and see.

Missing SKU file.

Thank you MASKED MAN! Not only did this fix my missing file problem with WORD but it also mysteriously cured my Outlook/Palm sync problem. So I don't know who you are but thank you. Trustworthy and helpful. And I went to all of the trouble to register on this site just so I could post this. I have cleared up at least three big problems with my pc in the past few weeks. Be careful of the Office 2007 trial. Once I removed it, all of my problems started.
Again thank you!

Candice

sku111.cab file missing

Try this! I researched for months to try and resolve this issue. My installer window was popping up with Outlook, my browser, everything!!! I think the sp2 automatic update caused it for most of us...And then FINALLY a solution!!!

It was so easy to fix...maybe it will work for you too. :)

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.

5.Go to the place where you installed office
(folder OFFICE11) and (click and) run the original EXCEL.exe
Usualy the install file is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11

The installer window still popped up when excel opened the first time, but was gone after I closed all programs and tried them again.

This alone resolved it for me without my CD.

sku011.cab

I have found this information helpful and have followed the instructions to change from 2 to 0. After doing this, I received a new dialouge indicating the following:

Error 1311. Source file not found. MSOChashe\AllUsers\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015004838C9-\A4561405.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Any suggestions?

aespar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back