Title: Dell Latitude CS-Series protected by a password authentication system

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dell Latitude CS-Series "This computer system,,#7T502B1-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You Cannot Access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press Enter"

this is a white screen that comes up after you turn the computetr on.
even during the initial screen (press f2 for setup) it won't do any good to press f2 because it will still take you to the "white screen"

How can i get rid of this (don't care about losing data) Is it possible?

Please Help Me

"Dell Latitude CS-Series "This computer system,,#7T502B1-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You Cannot Access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press Enter"

this is a white screen that comes up after you turn the computetr on.
even during the initial screen (press f2 for setup) it won't do any good to press f2 because it will still take you to the "white screen"

How can i get rid of this (don't care about losing data) Is it possible?

So this was a long painful process for me to figure out when I came across this problem. Took me a while to get around to reading dell's fine print (on link at end of post). So here's a little side info.

The password is set by some sort of EEPROM or PROM chip that is non-volatile meaning you can't reset it by removing the CMOS battery. Supposedly there is an app that will give you the password if you enter your service tag number but that only works for certain laptop models with certain service tags. Also, you can supposedly short out this chip by soldering a connection between certain pins, but I wouldn't recommend this if your not an expert with steady hands (ruled me out).

Dell can give you that password if you chat with them:

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/chat?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

They're gonna ask you for the original owner information before they'll help you. If you don't have the original information (ie you bought/stole it second hand), you'll have to do a transfer of ownership. If you can give them the service tag and the express service code, that are on a sticker somewhere on the computer (bottom if its a laptop), the page says you won't need the valid original owner info so just enter in some b.s. in the required previous owner fields. Enter all your contact info and submit. It should transfer in a few minutes (did for me anyway). Here's the link:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

hankus86 said:
you can supposedly short out this chip by soldering a connection between certain pins, but I wouldn't recommend this if your not an expert with ]

Why would you need to solder? You could just use a piece of wire and have the same effect.

( I have a 3 degree burn on the bottom of my arm from 3 years ago when I was sottering some resitors. lol)

2 hankus86......thankQ so much 4 ur info on password authentication system on a dell latitude!!!! right on tha $money$ u r very much appriciated by me!! i joined this place just 2 thank you sweetie....u made this lady smile:) !!!!!! from: email removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back