megaclick

Status
Not open for further replies.

taranguh

Hi. My Pc is infected with megaclick. I´ve been trying to solve the problem in spanish forums for a week and they reccomend me this forum. This is my log:

Million thanks and wishes from Barcelona

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of taranguh only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: Poker.com - {6FDD5236-C9F0-49ef-935D-385F5E21991A} - C:\Archivos de programa\Poker.com\poker.exe (file missing) (HKCU)

O16 - DPF: {AED98630-0251-4E83-917D-43A23D66D507} (Download Helper Class) - http://activex.microgaming.com/DLhelper/version7/dlhelper.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your log files are clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of taranguh only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

My Pc is CLEAN.

I cant say with words how i appreciate your help. You are my hero Howard.

Best regards from Spain.

Megaclick is BACK. After 20 minutes without problems this little bastard appeared again. Sorry to bother you again Howard, should i put again a hijack log?

Yes, please post a fresh HJT log.

Also, do the following.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Megaclick

Close control panel.

No problems in control panel.

There´s something with yahoo in the hijackThis log that wasnt there before.

Sorry: this was also in the first hijackthis log:
R3 - URLSearchHook: Barra Yahoo! con bloqueador de ventanas emergentes - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

I dont understand nothing of this, but maybe this could be the problem because i never installed a yahoo bar in my pc.

I can`t see anything nasty in your HJT log.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Megaupload Toolbar

Close control panel.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Megaupload Toolbar<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your system.

See if that helps.

I have seen numerous posts about megaclick. There is no need to log all these hijack attempts. Megaclick URL, DNS, and search redirection is dependent of the MegaUpload toolbar. Uninstalling the toolbar removes the redirections. Also, you can shut off megaclick within the toolbar.

I hope this helps! I joined just to post this.

Edit: I see your post was edited to include this new information. Sometimes just deleting the toolbar, especially just the program files folder, will not fix the megaclick issue. The configuration is stored in the registry.

I have the same problem with taranguh... and voollaaa! by just removing megeupload toolbar everything is clean... thanks guys...

For IE, uninstalling Megaupload toolbar seems to do the trick.
For Firefox: Click Tools, click Add-Ons, click Uninstall Megaupload, close browser and re-start- VOILA !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back