Motherboard/Video Card compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, the following is my hardware specs taken from CPU-Z

CPU:
Processor: Intel Pentium D 820 (2.80Ghz)
Clocks: Core Speed 2800.8 MHz
Bus Speed 200.1 MHz
Rated FSB 800.2 MHz

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
Model: LITHIUM 1.04

Graphic Interface:
Version: PCI-Express
Link Width: X16
Max Supported: X16

Memory:
Type: DDR2
Size: 1024 MBytes
Channels#: Dual
TIMING:
Frequency: 200.1 MHz
FSB:DRAM: 1:1

Basically I wanted to find out if my current motherboard will be compatible with the video card i'm thinking about purchasing ( ATI RADEON X1600 PRO 512MB PCI-E GRAPHICS CARD DVI / VGA / TV Out / Crossfire Ready)

Also will I be able to run this video card with 1 Gig of RAM (Two 512MB Sticks)

I downloaded the Rainbow Six: Vegas game and since I currently run a cheap ATI Radeon X300 128 MB video card, the game refuses to load and freezes.

I was hoping for some advice on what I should do as well.

Thanks a million in advance.

wait you just posted up top that your graphics interface is pci expressx16, and the card is pci e 16, so what's the problem?

supersmashbrada said:
wait you just posted up top that your graphics interface is pci expressx16, and the card is pci e 16, so what's the problem?

Sorry mate i'm computer illiterate really....

I take it that the video card will work with motherboard just find then?

Guess I can't get that then, my power suppy is 305 Watts.

Do you think then that my system will be compatible with this video card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE / 256MB DDR2 / Supporting 512MB with Turbocache / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / OEM / Low Profile / Video Card

And if yes, should i get the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE or the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Also, does the Memory bus matter? I see some cards like the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT have 128 bit and others like the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE are 64bit.

The 7300GT GDDR3 is a good card and is able to deliver performance rivalling that of the 7600GS. The 7600GT would be the best all-around best choice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back