A guide to stop error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

link590o

As of late, I've been noticing tons and tons of posts where someone had a stop error, and went through the trouble of having to post a minidump, or a hijack this file. Why go through the whole hassle if you can go to a website that will help you fix it?

Well, you're in luck because such a site exists.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

This website has a very complete list of all kinds of stop error messages, and lists, at the minimum, the possible causes of the problem. Most will also present a walkthrough of how to fix the problem as well. This will save a lot of time and effort. No need to post a problem if the help is right under your nose, and you haven't seen it yet. If you do not find a solution to your stop error, then yes, do post your minidump and or hijack this file, and we will be glad to assist you further. With any luck, this website is complete enough to remove a lot of unnecessary posts.

It's not only a time saver, it's also easier on the nerves. Those that know of this website have no doubt had to post, post, and repost this website, with no shortage of stop error posts in sight. Having to repost the same thing over and over gets tedious and tiresome. Hopefully this will relieve stress and tension in addition to helping many of us with a stop error.

For those of you that DO get a stop error, make sure you have written the whole error message correctly. The website above relies on the specific 0x000000000(variable) code in order to pinpoint the exact sort of error, and then give appropriate links to solve the problem. Make sure that when you get one, your system does not automatically reboot immediately. This will keep the blue screen up for as long as you need to write down the error. I'm not exactly sure how to set the system that way, so if someone would please post the procedure, that would be greatly appreciated.

So, with that, I wish you all the best.
Regards,
Link590o

An excellent post link590o, a sticky if ever I saw one.

Members may also find this thread of use in troubleshooting stop(bsod) messages.

Please note:

This thread is for information only.

If you post any problems in this thread, they will be deleted.

Stop(bsod) problems, should be posted in a new thread in this forum.

Regards Howard :)

oh man you have no idea how happy you just made me. i wasn't all too sure this would help very many. i was hoping. but i was being realistic/skeptical. that just made my day.

happy to be of service :D

I don't know the exact procedure, but to turn off the auto restart feature for your computer when it crashes (BSOD) the feature is in your CMOS setup, I came across it the other day, tweaking my BIOS.... Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I'm sure if you look through it thoroughly it will be found! I'm about to try this program out to find out my BSOD! Thanks Link!

Thankyou very much for that link. It is very useful. One i shall add to my fav's just incase i run into some problem :)

Turning off Auto-restart

Here's how to turn off the auto-restart feature when a BSOD comes up (sorry if this has been posted before) -

1) Right-click on My Computer, select Properties
2) Select the 'Advanced' tab
3) Under 'Startup and Recovery', select 'Settings'
4) Under 'System Failure', uncheck 'Automatically Restart'

This should prevent the computer from auto-restarting whenever a BSOD comes up, so that you can take your time noting down whatever needs to be noted down :)

I turned of the auto-restart feature but the screen never went blue and i stil dont get an error message. The screen went black with the cursor symbol )hourglass) and it wouldnt do anything else.
Hence why i can't look on that site, i have no indication what the error is, ican't even trace the action, since i can't make the debugger work on my extra computer and the damaged one never stays on long enough to do that.

Turning off auto-restart

Here is the way I use, I have windows XP home Edition.

1. Click on start, Control Panel
2. Make sure to switch to classic view and click on system
3. Click on Advanced tab and click on settings under Startup and Recovery
4. Under System failure uncheck Automatically restart
5. Then click OK twice

built new system now getting BSOD (error 1003)

someone help

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 7/30/2009
Time: 7:45:29 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PHENOM
Description:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 f737222c, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 80816804, parameter4 00000002.

Data:
0000: 74737953 45206d65 726f7272 72452020
0010: 20726f72 65646f63 30303120 35303030
0020: 50202030 6d617261 72657465 37662073
0030: 32323733 202c6332 30303030 30303030
0040: 3038202c 38363138 202c3430 30303030
0050: 32303030

btw i ran memtest for almost full 24hrs and resulted with 2 errors
don't know how bad that is and/or if that's the root problem...thanks

x21, this needs to be posted under the regular BSOD forum. Any errors with memtest means you have RAM that needs to be replaced. Your error is 0x50 and one of causes is dues to corrupted memory. Run the test per stick to see which ones are are corrupted. You may also want to check if your motherboard set the voltage correctly for your RAM in the BIOS.

Sorry

Hello sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I have a problem with the computer at my place of employment. I have been trying all day to get it going with no luck, I came across the link you suggested above earlier today, somehow with no luck. First of all we have a very rude unhelpful " I.T." guy which is on the other side of the state and 3 times since i've been there we have had to send the computer Via UPS to him only to wait two three weeks to get it back, last time he says " sounds like we have a car guy trying to be an IT guy" I wanted to choke him I'm not trying to be anything just trying to make the day go by smoothly I said... so today when I called him he said we would have to send it to him i and that is exactly what im trying to avoid we are an automotive retail store and need this computer to conduct daily sales when its down we have to call one of the other stores to get prices then hand write all the tickets which is awful, also no computer no credit cards can be run. We have 2 other stores all on the same network running microsoft 2000 professinal : ( the other stores are operating as usual. Anyway sorry for all that as well. I keep getting BSOD win32k.sys beginning physical memory dump then it counts to 100 then reboots then right back to the same thing beginning physical memory dump over and over again.... so how can you stop this so you can try some of the things they are suggesting to try. This all started when my boss said he went into add/remove hardware and then he said Some kind of wizard popped up then he clicked next but he dont know what the wizard was going to help him with then it went to BSOD. Sorry again it has been a rough day. Thanks John

jimhimself, you'll need to post under the BSOD forum found in the Windows OS forum your issues, when they occur, system specs, etc.

Here's how to turn off the auto-restart feature when a BSOD comes up (sorry if this has been posted before) -

1) Right-click on My Computer, select Properties
2) Select the 'Advanced' tab
3) Under 'Startup and Recovery', select 'Settings'
4) Under 'System Failure', uncheck 'Automatically Restart'

This should prevent the computer from auto-restarting whenever a BSOD comes up, so that you can take your time noting down whatever needs to be noted down :)

Also, you can use F8 during the boot process, and tell it to disable the automatic restart on system failure.

This is cool info, I always wanted to know how to make a computer "freeze" at the BSOD. It was annoying to get it without being able to read what error was.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back