šŸ§ Widescreen monitor text quality 3440x1440 šŸ–„ļø

Hi - new here - I wonder if you could help with a real rookie question, please?

I have a fairly cheap ElectriQ 35" widescreen monitor (Model: eiQ-35CMUWQ100GAFSH) 3440 x 1440

I have several issues, all of them minor, except I am finding working at it for long periods difficult to focus on the text (even when I vary the distance of the monitor significantly. I've tried the colour temperature balances, etc but the issue remains.

So, I guess my question is:

ā€¢ Is 3440x1440 resolution all the same, across the board?
ā€¢ If I get a different, better spec'd 3440x1440 monitor will I likely see no difference; or, if I get a better spec'd monitor might it be perfect - like an optical heaven?

Thank you very much for your experience, expertise and advice in advance.
David

There's a large variance in LCDs of the same resolution, in color balance and fidelity, sharpness, black levels, and other aspects, even when the monitors are the same size. I don't know the exact issue you're having, but if you have the opportunity to view different monitors in person somewhere, you can judge for yourself.

I don't know the issue you're having, but I would check the refresh rate first. If it's only refreshing at 60hz, that can cause flicker and long-term eye strain.

There's a large variance in LCDs of the same resolution, in color balance and fidelity, sharpness, black levels, and other aspects, even when the monitors are the same size. I don't know the exact issue you're having, but if you have the opportunity to view different monitors in person somewhere, you can judge for yourself.

I don't know the issue you're having, but I would check the refresh rate first. If it's only refreshing at 60hz, that can cause flicker and long-term eye strain.
That's incredibly helpful, thank you very much.
This morning the DP stopped working (no idea why) so I'm running it on HDMI at the moment. The fastest refresh option I'm given is 60Hz.
(Mac Mini M1 OS14.4)

This morning the DP stopped working (no idea why) so I'm running it on HDMI at the moment. The fastest refresh option I'm given is 60Hz.
That monitor's spec sheet says it support 100hz. I'm absolutely ignorant of the Mac Mini, but a quick Google check says it supports 4K monitors at 240hz, so you definitely have some sort of issue there.

Yes - after some research I think I have an old HDMI cable and was also running my DP through a low spec extension cable.
New cable arrives tomorrow. šŸ¤ž
Thanks for your help so far!!

Hi - new here - I wonder if you could help with a real rookie question, please?

I have a fairly cheap ElectriQ 35" widescreen monitor (Model: eiQ-35CMUWQ100GAFSH) 3440 x 1440

I have several issues, all of them minor, except I am finding working at it for long periods difficult to focus on the text (even when I vary the distance of the monitor significantly. I've tried the colour temperature balances, etc but the issue remains.

So, I guess my question is:

ā€¢ If I get a different, better spec'd 3440x1440 monitor will I likely see no difference; or, if I get a better spec'd monitor might it be perfect - like an optical heaven?

Thank you very much for your experience, expertise and advice in advance.
David
Resolution isn't the only factor in text clarity on wide monitors. Panel type (IPS for sharper text) and pixel density (more pixels per inch for better detail) can also play a role.

While a different 3440x1440 monitor might not be a guaranteed solution, looking for one with an IPS panel and a higher pixel density (especially if yours is a large 35-inch model) could significantly improve your text reading experience.

Back