TechSpot

0x00000024 NTFS.sys-Blue screen of death?

By Variol
May 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems my problem is very similar. I took a picture of the error message. Here is what it says.

[​IMG]

I have an AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton with 1gig of ram. I also get different values for the CPU and ram when it boots up. I tried taking out 1 of the DIMMs and it seems to behave differently. I'm not sure if the RAM is bad or what? I do not have a floppy drive in it, but I do have on LS120 drive I could put in.

Someone suggested I post a new thread. I had started in one that had a similar issue. I don't know if it's possible to transfer hat over? I spent 3 hours running HDD Regenerator with "no" luck. I can't get to safe mode, command prompt etc.

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Unplug everything but graphics, ram, processor and your boot drive and see if there is any change.
    It looks like a hard drive error to me, you could also try a different ata cable if you have one.

3. Variol

Variol TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Thanks rik,
    I gave up yesterday and dropped it off to the place I bought it. I've been trying for a week to fix it. If it is a hardware issue. It's pretty much all covered anyway. I'll know more today.

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Thats ok, please post back when you know more. I'd like to know what they say.

5. Variol

So far they don't really know what's wrong with it. I definatly looks like the 40gig HDD. They're going to try a low level format or some such thing. There's no warranty on it, so I'm stuck there. I'm hoping I can use a utility after by installing to the other drive and recover the data. I should know something tomorrow.

6. Variol

Well, tech at the computer store was able to format the drive. He was able to recover some stuff. He said that every .exe file had a virus on it. He didn't remember (or know) the name of it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.