0x00000024 NTFS.sys-Blue screen of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variol

It seems my problem is very similar. I took a picture of the error message. Here is what it says.

I have an AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton with 1gig of ram. I also get different values for the CPU and ram when it boots up. I tried taking out 1 of the DIMMs and it seems to behave differently. I'm not sure if the RAM is bad or what? I do not have a floppy drive in it, but I do have on LS120 drive I could put in.

Someone suggested I post a new thread. I had started in one that had a similar issue. I don't know if it's possible to transfer hat over? I spent 3 hours running HDD Regenerator with "no" luck. I can't get to safe mode, command prompt etc.

Unplug everything but graphics, ram, processor and your boot drive and see if there is any change.
It looks like a hard drive error to me, you could also try a different ata cable if you have one.

Thanks rik,
I gave up yesterday and dropped it off to the place I bought it. I've been trying for a week to fix it. If it is a hardware issue. It's pretty much all covered anyway. I'll know more today.

So far they don't really know what's wrong with it. I definatly looks like the 40gig HDD. They're going to try a low level format or some such thing. There's no warranty on it, so I'm stuck there. I'm hoping I can use a utility after by installing to the other drive and recover the data. I should know something tomorrow.

Well, tech at the computer store was able to format the drive. He was able to recover some stuff. He said that every .exe file had a virus on it. He didn't remember (or know) the name of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back