0x7E error...tried all possible methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

i have a IBM duo core centrino laptop, running Windows Vista Home Premium. 2GB ram...nothing fancy, a fairly standard laptop. for the past few months i played a game called Cabal online, and it worked just fine. About a week ago tho, out of nowhere, I got a BSOD 0x00000007E and the computer restarted. since then i have tried the following to correct the problem:

Updated all drivers
Disabled drivers
Ran safemode--> disabled all non-microsoft drivers --> uninstalled video drivers --> ran in safemode so the compuer can rebuild drivers --> ran game --> still crashed
Formatted computer about four times now

I looked at so many different forums, and most have support only for XP. the only article i could find on microsoft's techsupport page dealt with 0x7E error at startup, so that didnt help either. I've been running this game for about 6 months now, and regularly do windows/ driver updates. all drivers are Nvidia drivers. so if there was one such faulty updated driver, the formatted computer should not have recieved the error.

can someone please, please help me out? i will be very grateful for your kind attention.

Howard Hopkins on this site has seen this problem on Dells. It seems peculiar to Vista and Laptops, and may have to do with sata-raid driver issue.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/win...d-intermittent-blue-screens-on-Dell-8400.html

My suggestion is to revert to earlier Nvidia drivers until this problem is resolved. It is not clear from your post whether or not the problem might be connected to Vista SP1, but it could well be, so uninstall that if you can, and restrict yourself to Nvidia updates for a while. Or vice versa.

Ok I know it is not easy, but if you could get back to the exact setup you had before the problem started, you should be ok, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back