100% CPU Usage even when idle

venkatbollu

Hello Techies,

Need your help to speed up my lappy a bit more. After cleaning up a malware or two, I could definitely say the Laptop is faster than earlier but CPU usage is very high even on idle. Sometimes while using any application they get stuck for about 10 seconds.

You may find some background share on this website in other thread recently but please let me know if you need any fresh logs.
https://www.techspot.com/community/...nown-process-in-tm.232453/page-2#post-1585059

You haven't given any useful information but it looks to me that this is a fairly old laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. From info posted in other threads you are clearly expecting an awful lot from your hardware which is being used for torrents. The presence of VMWare Workstation suggests too that it runs virtual OS. I reckon you are trying to do too much with the laptop hence the 100% CPU usage for so long. I'd be inclined to reinstall Windows and be more realistic with what you install. It's unusual for me to say that because I only reinstall Windows as a last resort.

Oh ok, The laptop is HP G60 with 4 GB RAM.

Do you mean to say the VMware service running in background is causing the issue or I am using VMware? If it is the using the VMWare, the logs provided there are without using any application. I am using VMWare just to install other tools for my work which will surely cause this laptop to become much slower. If this is really about VMware service then I am sure it was the same case before installing VMWare too. There is no much difference after the installation.

Another thing I observed is, when I start use the VM then the VM is good to use and the local Windows turns a lot slower which is fine.

Please let me know if you need any information I could share with you.

I have a number of computers and in your position I'd make sure that I kept my for work laptop separate. You have far too much going on with that laptop. There's a saying about not putting all your eggs in one basket. You are of course backing things up in case of any major problem.

You haven't given any useful information but it looks to me that this is a fairly old laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. From info posted in other threads you are clearly expecting an awful lot from your hardware which is being used for torrents. The presence of VMWare Workstation suggests too that it runs virtual OS. I reckon you are trying to do too much with the laptop hence the 100% CPU usage for so long. I'd be inclined to reinstall Windows and be more realistic with what you install. It's unusual for me to say that because I only reinstall Windows as a last resort.

Survived past similar effects and reverted incredibly despite things that had to happen. Extending the greatest thing thanks turned back to previous restore point. Just DELL for now and for the future.

Back