TechSpot

128MB or 256MB

By triggert
Jun 2, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, I've decided to go ahead and get the Sapphire RADEON 9800 ATLANTIS PRO but I was wondering if I should go ahead and spend the extra cash and get the 256MB of memory on the card or just 128MB?

Thanks,
    William T. Thompson
  2. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 375

I have no idea. What's the price difference?

The 256MB ones use DDRII, which ought to be able to be overclocked a bit higher than DDRI, and that may be worth it.

The reviews I've seen don't show much of a difference between the 128MBDDRI and 256MBDDRII boards...I think I'll wait until the 256MB boards make it to a few more review sights b-4 making up my mind on that one...
  3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Here's a review I found a HotHardware comparing the two cards. It's a very extensive review, but I think it will tell you what you want to know. Here's a snippet of there conclusion.
    Edit; Also see the new front page thread.
  4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Due to the human factor that review will have to wait a few more minutes ;)

I pulled the news because it linked to their old review... Will be back up again as soon as Anton fixes it... The review was of 7 different 9800 boards...
  5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Ok, review up now:

http://www.nordichardware.com/reviews/graphiccard/2003/Radeon9800Roundup/
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.