mobo-Abit AB9 WiFi mainboard, -i965, 1066MHz fsb, dual ddr2-800- $155
CPU-Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 dual core processor- 2.20Hz, 64-bit. blah blah- $195
memory-Corsair 5-5-5 EPP PC2-6400 DHX 2GB kit. DDR2-800MHz- $158
hardisk-250GB Samsung HD250HJ SATA II 3Gbs.- $107
Graphics-Inno3d gf 8600GT PCI-E 512MB 128-bit DDR2.- $165
SCREEN-19" Samsung SyncMaster 940N 1280x1024, LCD- $105
keyboard... wireless, all tht matters to me.- $117
and the warranty, OS and the cost for them to make it for me :D

anything else i need? and will tht run games well?
thats $1700 (AU), and thats the only amount i want to spend... or less.

also, theres a bunch of crap at the end of each product, i think it means something, but i couldnt be bothered including it.

no, i will add them... but then tht goes over the price range!!! oh well
do i need a dvd AND cd drive? or just dvd

A dvd drive wil play dvd's and cd's.
A dvd combo burner will burn dvd's and cd's.

You just have to decide what you want.

It will run games very well. In fact you can play C&C3: Tiberium wars with maximum graphic settings without affecting the game performance thanks to your duo processor.

The 8600GT is a rubbish gaming card. Get an X1950PRO\XT or a 7900GS instead. The best choice, if you can afford it, would be an 8800GTS 320MB, if you're looking to play at a maximum resolution of 1280x1024.

yeh, i wanted to buy the 8800GTS, but it's bout $200 over the price range. are those other ones you suggested around the same price? and who makes them, nvidia or ati?

also, should all the parts that have DDR2 be the same? or can some be DDR3

With the rebate, this X1950PRO is the same price as an 8600GT but is a lot more powerful. And yes, GDDR3-equipped video cards work fine with DDR2 RAM, since they're independent of each other.

ok, reallllyyyyy sorry guys, but i found a site that will build AND test it for me. not only that, but ALL their parts are compatible! hooray.
so i gotta new build for you all.
-Enermax ECA5001 Uber Chakra Black Tower Case with 720W INFINITI Power Supply
-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Intel P35 Core 2-LGA775 DDR2/DDR3 Motherboard with PCI-Ex16, Serial ATA-II & GbE LAN
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13Ghz Dual-Core Processor, Socket LGA775
-Corsair 2GB TWIN2X2048-5400C4 DDR-II PC2-5400 Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB, 675Mhz), TWINX XMS Xtreme Performance Memory
-Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II Hard Disk Drive with 16MB Cache
-ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB PCI-Express Video Card with Dual DVI & TV Out
-ASUS VW192T 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor TFT Flat Panel Display with DVI
plus all the other essentials, optical drive, warranty stuff like tht
now thats $2100
over the limit, but they have better waranty and you can only choose from parts that are comatible. alot more safe than the other site, plus i could be spending more money having to get new parts and stuff in. im so smart.
anyway, what do we reckon?

That pretty nice. Should run everything you want just fine for quite some time.

Just to make sure, who is the builder?? Some companies offer pretty stuff like that but it doesn't mean the company is pretty too.

lol, dont worry bout it eddy. well the company is www.pcmarket.com.au, they seem pretty reliable, they have stores in sydney, but i wouldnt know.
also when looking for a screen, what should i look for? same with pcu and psu, what should i be looking for?

If you're gonna buy from that site, here's what you should change for the best build:
Cooler Master Centurion 534 Tower Case with 650W eXtreme Power Supply - $228.9
LG L194WT 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor TFT Flat Panel Display with DVI - $307.5

Also, don't choose any video card from the choices given. Instead, order this card separately and you'll be good to go.

yeh, im pretty sure im going to go that site, someother people refered me to this one, www.pccasegear.com, and said buy all the parts seperately then go to a pc shop and get it built for me. but then i'd have to do another whole new build, even though they have some pretty cool stuff there.
but your saying keep everything the same, except for those 3 parts u suggested instead, and i should be able to run games well?
yay!
also, you dont think i should go the 8800GTS? ive put it down, and it's AU$2078 all up for everything! or dont u think i should go for that particular card?
another thing, does the OS include anti virus, firewall, etc?
and another thing! this was the kinda case i was looking at here! or is picking a case only on looks noobish :p

Picking on looks only is kinda N00813 but you still should consider looks as a secondary feature if that is important to you.

Features to look for in my particular order, your may differ =D
- size (can it fit my MB)
- drive slot # (can it hold all my drives now and in the future)
- Internal layout (going crazy with long cables)
- Cooling / airflow (just how good is it really)
- Noise (how quiet is it)
- Weight (is it luggable or do I need a fork lift)
- Looks (crap, toy or wowsers)

Please note my newest case is a Chakra - that overall internal case temp drop of 6 degrees is significant - plus no plexi windows to always clean - it can hold all my drives and has room for more - yay me XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back