TechSpot

2 accounts with TechSpot, deleted for spam

By scottie
Sep 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hello , I have 2 accounts or whatever 2 different emails with techspots. The newest one got deleted , I suspect because I created two accounts. The newest one , when I log in it , it says banned because of spam.

How do I delete one , If needed , Thanks

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

You are allowed only one account. See Terms of Service here: http://www.techspot.com/terms.html.

Sorry, you cannot delete an account on your own. I banned the second one so there is no longer a need to delete it.

If you wish to delete an account, post the request in the Site Feedback and Suggestions forum.

3. scottie

scottie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

Thanks mailpup , Great help

4. scottie

Also I need to change my email to the [email address deleted] , But it won't let me , Because its saying it is still in use

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  5. mailpup

Then your second account will have to be deleted by an administrator. As a moderator I am unable to do so.

I recommend that you post a separate thread requesting the account deletion for the appropriate username. An admin might react to this thread but it might be quicker to make a separate request.

6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,591   +335

Delete your email before you get a load of spam .

7. scottie

Thanks guys

8. scottie

The account is for user - scottiefinance or [email deleted]. I need this account to be deleted in order to use this email for my original account. Okay I created two accounts , The new one got banned because you cant have two accounts. In other words , I need [email deleted] to be fully deleted so I can use it for my orignal account , Because in the field where I change my email ,Its says email in in use. Thanks

9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

All taken care of :)

10. mailpup

A good point that I overlooked. That said, when you quoted the OP you quoted his email address too which he can't delete because it is in your post, FYI.

Nonetheless, it's all deleted now.

learninmypc likes this.
  11. mailpup

An admin has taken care of your request.

12. scottie

All man buddy , you guys have been a super help mailpup & julio. Thanks again

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  13. scottie

Thanks julio , This helped a lot