2 computers 1 Monitor install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesler

What do I need if I want to have 2 computers going to one monitor. I would like the ability to switch between the 2 when I need to. Thank you

Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, BestBuy Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Target and Computer Fairs at local schools have what you need.

KVM switch can be a box... or 2-way KVM splitter (shown below is cheaper than buying a 2-way KVM swith. You can got 4-way and 8-way to one computer monitor. There are also 16-way but you don't need that.

svm200-diagram.jpg

I have ran 2 PC's on my viewsonic LCD. The monitor has 1 analog and 1 DVI port. One PC was analog and the other had both so I used the DVI port on it. Ran both cables to the monitor and used the #2 button on the monitor to toggle between PC's.

KVM switches.

tipstir said:
Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, BestBuy Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Target and Computer Fairs at local schools have what you need.

KVM switch can be a box... or 2-way KVM splitter (shown below is cheaper than buying a 2-way KVM swith. You can got 4-way and 8-way to one computer monitor. There are also 16-way but you don't need that.

svm200-diagram.jpg

I have been using a KVM swithc for years am quite happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back