2 Optical drives burning simultaneously??

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmitch38

I have 2 LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H drives and can't burn a disc on them simultaneously.
Is there a way i can do this? If i check the box to enable burning on a drive in its properties, then it will automatically uncheck the other drives box.
Also, if i do change which drive i am wanting to burn with, i have to restart my machine before burning or else i just get errors and another coaster.

If i can't burn simulataneously, is there any reason to have to burning drives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is because your computer hardware is not up to the task of simultaneously burning. Memory type and amount, motherboard, power supply, hard drives and CD/DVD burners, all have a say in how your system burns CD's.

What are your computer specs? Do you really think this is a dumb question to ask on a computer hardware help website?

specs are:-
Athlon X2 dual core 6000
4GB DDR2 RAM
MAXTOR STM3160211AS 150GB SATA
Secondary Seagate 150gb hard drive
Asus m2v motherboard
550watt PSU
2 x LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

Do you really need a better computer than that to do it?

Do you really need a better computer than that to do it?

No, you don't and thanks for posting your specs ;)

One of your hard drives is SATA. Is the other 150GB IDE? If so this could be the problem

if you use an ide hard drive and a sata hard drive they don't always get along so that could be why it's not working. try disconnecting the ide drive and see if it works.

My thoughts exactly Daveskater,
I'm sure this is what is causing the burning issues.

johnmitch38,
How are you running 3 IDE devices, on a motherboard with SATA? I haven't looked at your motherboard specs. Usually 1 IDE connector supporting 2 IDE devices, 2 SATA connectors supporting 4 SATA devices are present on the lesser boards I've worked with. I spend less than $100 on motherboards as often as I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back