( 2 Questions ) 1st→ How come VPNS don't work?

taylor1277

Okay, one day I went out fishing and I brought my tablet with me where I bookmarked places to fish, that were on the Virginia Dept of Game website. Well before I used the VPN, the wifi that I was using at a fast food place wouldn't allow me to access the VD of Game, they blocked me or well-blocked the website . So then I tried to use a VPN and the fast food restaurant that I was at wouldn't let me access their wi-fi because I was using a VPN. Why do we have these tools but it seems as though no one wants to allow you to use them on their wi-fi. Can someone please explain. Do you need to know the place that I was at?

Using a public site like this with a VPN is typically a two-step process:
  1. access the public wifi and do what is necessary to allow access to google.com/
  2. KEEP this page to keep your access
  3. now start your VPN app
it will see the tcp config from (1) and proceed to create the VPN connection.

Using a public site like this with a VPN is typically a two-step process:
  1. access the public wifi and do what is necessary to allow access to google.com/
  2. KEEP this page to keep your access
  3. now start your VPN app
it will see the tcp config from (1) and proceed to create the VPN connection.

You mean it's needed to open google page first and then connect to VPN? Or to enter the needed website and run VPN afterwards? Anyway it seems to me that there is no use in VPN if you have to enter some website first not running it.

You mean it's needed to open google page first and then connect to VPN? Or to enter the needed website and run VPN afterwards? Anyway it seems to me that there is no use in VPN if you have to enter some website first not running it.
You have a good point, but have you EVER used a hotel wifi, or some public mall? They require some form of login (which is not personal) to activate your connection and if you close that page, your connection is reset. Without some form of access to the router, you'll never get any VPN to connect - - that's just the way it is.

You have a good point, but have you EVER used a hotel wifi, or some public mall? They require some form of login (which is not personal) to activate your connection and if you close that page, your connection is reset. Without some form of access to the router, you'll never get any VPN to connect - - that's just the way it is.
Aw, now I got what are you speaking about. But anyway am I not right that when you connect to the network without VPN you can still lose some information?

Yes. At home, you control the router and the VPN works well. Your location is still trackable via the MAC/IP address of the router and there's NO technology to stop the ISP from doing that.

Back