2 Routers network

mfaizan91

So i have router hooked up to dsl line working fine wireless and everything. Now i Have a second router as well which i want to be able to pick the Wi-fi signal of the initial router and let me access the Internet on the second router (the one that i want to pick up the wifi signal) via its ethernet ports to stuff like TV blu-ray console etc.. Is it possible and how do i do it?

Using router#1 - - wifi connection - - router#2 is RARE; this is the job of an Access Point
and as previous comment suggests, it needs a bridge connection which is not comon in routers.

Where router#2 has wifi support, you could wire a connection between R#1/R#2 and
config R#2 to use the same SSID but a different channel. However, your post reads to me
that wired connections on R#2 are fine and the WiFi connection back to R#1 is your major
issue.

Instead, look at Ethernet over A/C Power which allows your router to get Internet access in the remote room.

{be careful: PoE (Power over Ethernet is not the same thing at all)}

ok after checking i don't think i can do that as my circuit for upstairs is different from downstairs... what i want to do is stream HD from my PC (upstairs) to my TV(downstairs) and in future when i have a console or anything then to be able to the same. So what should i do get a wireless N router and sony's wifi adaptor and make it work that way or what? i was really hoping to do this router 1's wifi picked up by router 2 (or any other such thing) and the connect cables from that straight to the tv, console, media center.. and stream HD

Back