2 screens running

Status
Not open for further replies.

aMp3d

Hello,
Im looking for help with a Tecra 8100 laptop. I heard it had the ability to have 2 screens running at the sam time, ie, the inbuilt tft and an external monitor. however, i cant find out how to do this. my external monitor is running at 1280x1024, and my laptop tft is running at a maximum of 1024x768. i would like to keep the current resolutions. thanx in advance.

no...like running two seperate screens simaltaniusly. cos i want the monitor showing the computer desktop at a 1280x1024 reso, and the laptop showing the same thing, but at 1024x768, at the same time.

I haven't heard of that for laptops but I have seen desktop computer having two screens. puke:

i'll guess that you have ati shared memory probably because that is the most common one.in that case you need to make your way down to ati control panel accessed through-right click anywhere on windows->properties->settings->advanced->now if you have ati display select the display tag and you should be able to see 2-3 display modes namely your tft,monitor and a tv.well first you'll have to connect your monitor to the vga port on the back of your laptop and click ati would detect it automatically.all you have to do is double click and turn it on from the display tab page i mentioned.also once you enable it you'll be able to easily change its settings from the display panel.also you'll have to decide on primary and secondary display.thats it hope this helps.sorry if i didnt explain it too well.reply and ask me if you want to ask anything else about the display.if you dont have ati video card(slim chance) i can explain the procedure for nvidia too.

wow..thanks for all the infomation, but unfortunately, i dont have an ati or a nvidia. im using the S3 savage mx 8mb that came with the laptop. when i get into display setting, it shows 2 monitors, but i cant find out how to set them at different resos.

oh....................sorry for that.since you have a s3 video(i think this is common for via chipsets).you can adjust the setting pretty much the same way make you way down to the advanced screen of display properties settings screen andlook for a "different" tab on top which says display or via s3 or unichrome or something like that.it should have a greyed out picture of a crt monitor and a laptop screen and below it option to turn it on.once you turn it on you can select the crt monitor and tinker in its properties to get the right resolution.but even if you are able to change the resolution..know this that it will be putting some strain on your graphic chips to run 2 displays at diffrent settings. :angel:

thanks for the help shadow and isatippy, i managed to get both going at once now. i had to switch by pressing fn+F5 on the laptop keyboard.
thanx, "aMp3d"2oo5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back