2 sound problems. mic and speakers reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Ive had these 2 problems ever since i owned this computer, and i dont know what to do, ill get right into it:

first, my motherboard:

MSI K9N neo w/ ALC883Realtek Onboard sound

my headset:
i bought 2 pairs on ebay (one for backup cause of one of the problems)
ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Precis...4QQihZ001QQcategoryZ44985QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this isnt the person i bought from, but its the same setup,s adly i cant find a serial/make/model number :(

anyways...

problem1: this is the most annoying problem. My sound is reversed.

For a while now, i didnt notice this, but when i started playing CounterStrike: Source (CSS) i realized it. the Left is the right, and the right is the left. When im playing CSS, i can hear someone to the left of me, so i turn to shoot them, and BAMO, i get shot in the back. why? because my sound is backwards.

I dont know WHY this is happening, ive downloaded and re-downloaded the latest sound drivers, ive tried multiple speaker sets (before the headphones) and its always the same. when i bought my new headset i bought 2 pairs, because i was planning (and did) mod one pair, switching the speakers in the headpiece. but i would much prefer NOT having to do that.

ive tried to contact MSI for help, to no avail, ive tried talking to multiple tech buddies and my old mentor, no one has any clue why this is happening.

ive reformated my computer, using a different install disk of xp (from XP Pro to XP Pro Corporate Edition) and the first thing i checked was the sound, STILL has the same problem.

i dont know how to fix it, and i need some advice.

Problem 2: Mic dont work.

this has been an odd problem. ive used 3 mics on this computer (the 2 logitech mics and one VERY cheap headset w/mic, im talking like dollarstore style headset)

the cheapo headset worked great, but was uncomfortible, and after a few days, the mic went out, i figured it was because they were a cheap headset, they just broke.

when i ordered my new headsets and they got here, they both worked but were quiet, people in CSS could hear me fine, people on Vent servers could barely hear me...

after a few weeks, the people on vent could no longer hear me, and the poeple in css could still hear me fine....

eventually it just stopped working all together. they work fine on my friends laptop, but on my computer, nothing.

i dont know what to do, all i want is a normal setup for my sound in/output, is that too much to ask? :(

any help is appriciated.

Dude! You can reverse the sound in the options while playing the game. Click options on the left hand side of the screen at startup click the sound tab and check the reverse speaker (or sound) box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back