2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Review

Yeah, but will It run Crysis?

Also, I'm not digging EVs. Plugin hybrids yes, switching totally to EVs, like some car manufacturers or countries declare, will leave huge chunks of population dependant on public transport and bicycles, as both, batteries dying after 10 years and manufacturers treating those cars as walled garden when It comes to out-of-warranty service, will make EVs unavailable as a preowned option for 90% of population (poor people).

I'm tired of getting 10 mpg on Premium Unleaded in a Hellcat and Jeep SRT.

I'm personally ready for EV.

I have test driven the Mustang Mach e, Kia Niro, Hyundai Kona Ev, Polestar2 Tesla Model S, 3, X and Y and the Audi eTron.

Unfortunately, as time goes on, I see the newer technology along with newer luxury.

I am waiting for the Mercedes EQS (FALL) and Dodge Charger EV (2024).

#1 I only drive less than 100 miles a day. A total range of 300 is fine for me and I can charge in my garage nightly with ease. On road trips: I'll just take the JeepSRT.

#2 The tax credit is nice: $7500 right off the top along with business writeoffs and incentives available.

#3 The interior luxury is important to me. I need heated/cooled seats and self-driving tech.

Thus far, Tesla has the best self driving tech, the highest range (if you believe their advertising)...but their interiors are flat and boring without the luxurious seat amenities.

The Mach E was easily better than the Tesla 3 and Y, but even it didn't offer cooled seats and when I drove it: no automated driving.

The Kia Niro and Hyundai Kona were great EV with pretty much all the features I want (aside from autonomous driving) but they were too small.

The Audi eTron and Mercedes EQS both exceed $80,000 (even $100,000) but the interior luxury is awesome and I can see leasing the EQS as the Audi is too small for my needs.

I really loved the Mache, but they need:
#1 300+ range
#2 heated/ventilated seats with massage if possible.
#3 full autonomous driving similar to Cadillac's Supercruise. I don't wanna have to use my hands.

aside from the Mache, I really enjoyed the ID4.

Last edited:
I fill my car in about 3 minutes and costs 25 bucks. No huge batteries made from environmentally unfriendly chemicals and power that has to come from somewhere.

Oh yeah. My CRV cost half that much.

The EV will cost you far less to drive the same distance as your CR-V and give you more in terms of luxury and practicality. As for the time it takes to fill them: short of a road trip or exceeding 250 miles daily - you recharge it at night.

Early days , early days - this is one place where trickle down economy actually works.

Most of the population are waiting for the $20 000 car or less.

One day in the blue yonder the car will be maybe 30% constructed of batteries - ie the chassis , support struts will be battery capable - My prediction here and now - eg at moment you can make - strong support beams - will trillions of air pockets - 3D print equilateral support beams - probably 70 % plus useable storage space inside - added bonus cushion energy for beam flex - if battery medium right material

Electricity may be relatively cheap in the here and now...But the price will explode when millions more EV's are on the road and demanding power. The good thing though, is there won't be millions of tons of oil polluting everywhere and everything.
The Mustang makes a decent fist of a mainstream EV. I.e. One that most people will want to drive though.

EVs are quickly getting to the point where there will be only one Valid complaint, and that is charging rate. Fords 48 amp charging option will be a big help, but will cost an extra $800. Peanuts.

With rates here in Little Rock, I could charge to 80% for $12.50 and get 200 miles, I think. And one thing everyone forgets when calculating operation costs is near zero maintenance.

Now, get the GT out and available.

Last edited:
Yeah, but will It run Crysis?

Also, I'm not digging EVs. Plugin hybrids yes, switching totally to EVs, like some car manufacturers or countries declare, will leave huge chunks of population dependant on public transport and bicycles, as both, batteries dying after 10 years and manufacturers treating those cars as walled garden when It comes to out-of-warranty service, will make EVs unavailable as a preowned option for 90% of population (poor people).

THAT'S the idea. Only the "well to do" will drive vehicles. The rest of us peons will walk or take public transportation.

As someone that has driven 5 Mustangs, and still drives one (manual transmission of course), shame on Ford for sticking the Mustang logo & running horse on this POS!
I remember in the 80's, Ford was thinking of using THIS>> http://www.ural.ru/gallery/catalog/ford/ford_probe_198809.jpg
as the Mustang, but Mustang fans bombed Ford with protest letters, so they kept the Mustang, and released it as the ford probe.

THAT'S the idea. Only the "well to do" will drive vehicles. The rest of us peons will walk or take public transportation.
Brother if anyone thinks $40,000 is only for the "well-to-do" they have much bigger problems that what someone else drives.

I remember in the 80's, Ford was thinking of using THIS>> http://www.ural.ru/gallery/catalog/ford/ford_probe_198809.jpg
as the Mustang, but Mustang fans bombed Ford with protest letters, so they kept the Mustang, and released it as the ford probe.
As you said, the Probe was going to replace the Mustang. Now, the Mustang passenger car smoker is still available and is badass as ever (The GT500.)

You, along with the 2 other people that liked your comment, scare me.
It is funny how many people use phrases like "power that has to come from somewhere." They are right, of course. The power comes from the owner's house, while the smoker need to be "driven somewhere" to get its fuel.

I fill my car in about 3 minutes and costs 25 bucks. No huge batteries made from environmentally unfriendly chemicals and power that has to come from somewhere.

Oh yeah. My CRV cost half that much.

But you know the future is'nt about diesel or gasoline anymore right?

This EV thing is just the start. The real deal is designing a battery tech that is capable of holding more charge and extending a cars range.

Charging is a culprit too. You'll need serious power if you want to fast charge half a block of cars at the same time. Most city's are not even capable of such peaks in power consumption.

Other then that: If a EV fire starts it is a serious problem since the fire is'nt able to be put out with just water ... Hell no. In a parking garage you could turn it into a fire blaze unable to be reached out with fire departments.

In Europe, I would find it extremely difficult to pick Mustang EV over let's say RAV4 Plugin.
Sure, RAV4 can directly burn dinosaurs, but with 100 km range, it will rarely do so.
... and I really do not like SUVs. I mean, I do not mind others driving them, but it's not my favourite body type for a car.

Back