+3.3 voltages, will my comp die?

By HughJass
May 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looking at motherboard monitor and checking my computers voltages i noticed that my +3.3V rail is at 2.9V... check picture i have attached

is this bad? are we all gonna die?

Attached Files:

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

out of spec voltages are often the first sign of a failing PSU. and can cause all kinds of strange system glitches. I would replace the PSU AFTER double checking them with another program. Check the voltages shown in the bios under computer health.
  3. HughJass

HughJass Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 137

Ok i checked my voltages in my bios, they were as follows:

Vcore 1.50V
    +3.3V 3.23V
    +5V 4.91V
    +12V 11.52V

To me these look fine, but im kinda noob when is comes to voltages,
    So are they alright??
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

It could well be that MBM is showing the wrong voltages. Download the free Everest programme and see what it says your voltages are.

Regards Howard :)
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

The voltages reported in the BIOS are always correct (and they are within limits in your case), but alas, your system is not under normal operating conditions when you are poking around in the BIOS setup. The GPU is virtually idle and most peripherals are not doing anything either.

As howard said, try several programs in case one of them just can't get your readings right.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.