3 folders have appeared at the top of my C: Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakob

I need a small hint of help...
After installing vista, 3 folders have appeared at the top of my C: Drive (system drive) they are:

$INPLACE.~TR
$UPGRADE.~OS
$WINDOWS.~Q

is it possible to delete them? i mean, i did try doing an XP - Vista upgrade but that went wrong, so i did a full install instead, since then they have appeared...
they do contain some things from the old XP installation.

Also, does anyone know where the games for vista are kept. I mean, not in the games folder... i mean where on the system are they kept, because in older versions of windows they were kept in "C:\Windows\System32\" but i can't find them on vista :( the reason is, i wanted to show my friend the vista games on an XP machine. don't know if it would work, but hey, stranger things Have happened.

Thanks in Advance

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

They look like temporary files used during the failed upgrade installation. If your PC seems ok, they can probably be safely deleted. Just move them first to some temporary place for a few days. If you get no complaints, then it is obviously safe to delete them.

I deleted mine right away, and the games are you click the start icon (bottom right) then click on the folder labled "games", it might be hard to find at first because all your folders are next to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back