3d acceleration unable to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitaristpat

hello,
I just recently purchased a new graphics card (Ati radeon Visiontek hd 2600 pro) becuase my last card burnt up (which was a Nvidia 5500 gx). But when i started up WOW i got an error message saying "world of warcraft is unable to start up 3d acceleration. Please make sure DirectX 9.0c is installed and your video drivers are up-to-date". Now I installed the drivers for the card but when i went to install the updated drivers it said there were none. I also installed DirectX 9.0c. But yet i still am having the problems. There is two things that i have noticed that im having errors with. One is that when i start up my computer i get a a window titled RUNDLL and it says "error loading C:\Windows\system32\gzmrotate.dll this specified module could not be found" Another thing is that when i run Dxdiag and test my Direct3d i get this
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Im not very good with computers so im not sure if this could be it, i ran this test because ive been doing research on this problem for about 3 weeks now. Also, if i try running another game such as Call of Duty United Offensive my computer will just draw a blank black screen which i eventually have to end the task. So if anyone could please help me on this problem i would greatly appriciate it. Thx Alot

Pat

Before you kill your self trying to find a fix for this. It is really simple.

The last few drivers release by ATI do not have 100% support for AGP. This means that direct x cant send information across your drivers to your video hardware.

The easiest thing to do is simply uninstall your catalyst drivers. Go to the ATI Catalyst download site. Put in what operating system you have, select your card, then instead of installing 7.11 or whatever they are on now go down to the bottom of the page. one of the last links says previous driver versions, click it and select catalyst 7.7 from the list.

Catalyst 7.7 was the last ATI driver that had 100% support for AGP

edit here is the link http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

make sure to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new version. if you are in XP just go to control panel -> add/remove programs - find ATI driver and/or Control center and click remove. If you are on vista you shouldn't be having this problem because i think dx10 has a fix for it, but let me know if you are on vista

ok I went to download the 7.7 and it said "setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit" And then it exits. I uninstalled all the Ati drivers and the catalyst. Any idea?

yea, im getting the same message. Now there are 3 things to download is there a certain one i should choose? ive done both the first and second one, second one ran through fine, but the first comes up with that message

Before we go further please go to start -> control panel -> device manager

look under display adapter -> driver tab and post what it says

yes i just wanted to make sure that we uninstalled completely.

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list do you see any ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove if you do.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

Follow from wherever you left off. If you missed a step before go ahead and do it now then reattempt install of 7.7.

ok i went through and found an omega driver that i had tried before and got rid of it. I did not find the DAO though, i tried to install the 7.7 again anyways and it still came up with the message.

just so you know I am 100% sure that this will fix your 3d rendering problem, so no worries.

Did you uninstall everything to do with your old Nvidia drivers also?

While you are in add/remove programs do you have the microsoft .NET framework installed?

Edit: also your problem with gzmrotate.dll is most likely related to malware/spyware as it is a browser helper object. some malware camouflage themselves as gzmrotate.dll, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. So you may want to fix this before we get your new driver installed - you should go https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

follow the instruction and post the asked for attachments in the security section of this forum for them to analyze, there is a chance that the malware is blocking the installation - for installation of the new driver ATI recommends turning off firewalls/virus scanners so I would suggest following the link and checking the malware before installing the new driver

hey, i did get rid of all the nvidia drivers and i do have the frameworks. Im currently going through the steps so i'll let you know what happens next. Thanks

Hey guys i have exactly the same problem with you. My card is sapphire Ati
Radeon HD 2400 PRO (AGP Version)
I tired serveral drivers and one of it works (like 7-10 modified by Grandmars)
I am able to see the details on my Device Manager too.

But the problem is- when i run dxdiag(directX) , i am not able to run Direct3D Test.the error codes as follow:
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

I search on google and i found a post in World of Warcraft Forum...one of the
those guys said it's very likely because the driver is not WHQL...

If that guy is right, where can i get i WHQL driver for my card?
Or any options i can do with it?

I am looking forward to hear your answer! =(

wan try this

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software or other drivers that you have tried.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

1.Go to link for you OS - Double-click on the downloaded driver file. Click Run
Use the default directory for extracting the files and press the Install button.

Vista
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/previous/common/common-cat77-vista32.html

XP
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat77-xp.html

2. Click Next on the first install screen.
3. Click Yes to the License agreement.
4. Click the Custom button.
5. Select the driver, catalyst control center and uncheck the box for steam
# The installer will start to load the display driver first.
Next you will see the WDM Capture drivers load (for VIVO or All-In-Wonder). <---you won't have this
The Catalyst Control Center setup will start shortly after.
A dialog box will indicate the install progress.

6.Click Finish to restart your computer.

Go to dxdiag again and retest your Direct3D

oh jesus i ;ve fixed it!
i just upgrade my driver from device manager=> have disk
Catalyst autorun won't work but u have to check the folder the driver is in the directory.

Blind Dragon said:
Before you kill your self trying to find a fix for this. It is really simple.

The last few drivers release by ATI do not have 100% support for AGP. This means that direct x cant send information across your drivers to your video hardware.

The easiest thing to do is simply uninstall your catalyst drivers. Go to the ATI Catalyst download site. Put in what operating system you have, select your card, then instead of installing 7.11 or whatever they are on now go down to the bottom of the page. one of the last links says previous driver versions, click it and select catalyst 7.7 from the list.

Catalyst 7.7 was the last ATI driver that had 100% support for AGP

edit here is the link http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

make sure to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new version. if you are in XP just go to control panel -> add/remove programs - find ATI driver and/or Control center and click remove. If you are on vista you shouldn't be having this problem because i think dx10 has a fix for it, but let me know if you are on vista
you are da man,guess i posted my problem in the wrong section but all is well now.https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic93405.html

Hi,

I tried to follow the instructions here, but I am still getting the "setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit" message.

I have also Sapphire HD2600 PRO 512MB
Win XP Prof SP2 HU
.Net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0

I did not have DAO, but I deleted even my sound and network card nVidia drivers :( so at the moment I am connected to Internet from another PC. So every related drivers are deleted. But still the same mesage.

I only installed the drivers, not Catalyst.

Gabor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back