TechSpot

3DS Changes its name !!

By boeingfixer
May 1, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. In case some of you didn't notice, 3DSpotlight is onw Techspot.com.....yeah I know, but it took me all day to finally notice !!!

2. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 645

:shrug: kinda weird, i dunno if i like it or if i hate it yet. Is the url for this site gonna change to techspot.com or will we be able to use 3dspotlight.com?

3. SleeperDC

SleeperDC TS Rookie Posts: 193

i am still wondering why it's changing name. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

Be patient young lads :) All will be explained in time....

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,604   +110

I believe its to do with the name reflecting the sites content encompassing more than just 3d/Video info, guides and reviews...

But I am sure Julio will post a news entry with full details soon enough ;)

6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

quite right. its a much more of an all encompassing technical one-stop. I dare say i'd have very little to write about or post on if it was just 3d cards and games....

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,604   +110

What?!? We would get some peace and quiet ;)
    I'm sure we will all get to know and love the name just as we do with 3ds *sob*
    When you consider how popular gamespot is this could be quite a good move for 3ds.
    TechPlanet could also have been a good name.

www.techplanet.com site

8. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Techspot?

I must say, the sudden name change caught me by surprise.

9. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Precisely what I was thinking.

10. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

What was wrong with the old name?

11. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

I liked the old name though :(

But I suppose it will be saving me 3 keypresses to type in the new URL. :)

12. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Re: Techspot?

I didn't see it until after I'd checked 2 of the forums... And only then because the Opera Suddenly said "TechSpot OpenBoards"...

Guess I'm not that observant today...:rolleyes:

As for the name change... I'd grown very much to like the name "3dspotlight"... But the new name doesn't sound that bad.. :)

Just hope Julio keeps the old URL up as well, as many sites link to our guides, forum threads etc...

.02$

13. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

You Remember...

You Remember Julio said (before the contest) that a business deal was in the works; but couldn't announce it yet.

14. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Nope, people would have to make do with your inferior intellect in place of my superior one. ;) :) ;)

I imagined it would be something similar.

15. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Supposedly Techspot is a more growth potential name if I recall Julio correctly.
    Makes sense, I mean like check our forums, we get 2 million or so hits a month (Last time I asked) but our Forums are still comparatively inactive. I mean, there's a good few sites out there in the few hundred thousands that seem to have much greater forum activity & all.

16. SleeperDC

SleeperDC TS Rookie Posts: 193

if i remember correctly, long long time ago, 3ds was a site for gaming news.
    as time going on, it become more and more like a computer news site.

17. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 645

um... www.geekzone.com is open :shrug: :D I dont really mind the name change, at least they didnt change the format of the forums again, now THAT takes a while to get used to. :grinthumb

18. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

I think when Julio initially setup it was a Rendition fan site.

19. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,245

WOW, I feel better now that I know I wasn't the only one to miss the name change. Can't wait to hear the full explaination !!

20. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,594   +352

Official announcement is now up... let me know of any questions you may have.

21. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,245

I feel honored that I was the one who started the thread on the name change !! Keep up the great work TS staff, it was and is a great site !!

22. Guru

Guru TS Rookie

Techspot sound like some kind of underwear for older men!

23. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Ahem... :rolleyes: older men?!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.