4 vga cards in SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol wolfram :D ! I would have the benchmarks on that game should be pretty high :grinthumb !

Too bad Dell sucks my balls... Also the price on that PC would have to be like $500000000000000000000 just like all their other computers and alienware

Plus 7800 is "Old" atm, they should just 7900 or the 8800 ( which sucks because the new ATI card is going to spank the 8800 :haha: )

You'd need to cut a hole in the front of your case just to fit the suckers in, jeez. I thought computers were 'sposed to be getting smaller?

Lol no I had a full tower ( The big cases ) that took up about 1/3 my desk and my desk is 7 feet wide :haha:

^-^ so.. we need
liquid nitrogen.. a big *** watercooling system...
a nuclear power plant...
a decent mobo
and obvious a 32 core processor xD! lol

Intel's 32-core Processor (codename Keifer) is expected to come in 2010. The past few years have been revolutionary, because CPU manufacturers have ditched the plan of having 20GHz processors, and instead they plan to create multi-cores. Trading clock speed in return for more cores is something that has changed computing over the previous few years.

The graphics cards you linked to were the old 7800's that were considered "dual-GPU" by having two of them stacked on top of each other. I highly doubt we will see this done with any 8xxx series cards. They will develop multi-core GPUs (much like multi-core CPUs) for graphics cards.
This will eliminate the need of stacking all those graphics cards on top of each other. :)

What's the above post have anything to do with GPU processing power?
@Miclantecuhtli, won't future games be optimized for multi-GPU video cards?

currently...there is no need of quad sli...nor octo...whatever sli.. one 8800GTX is enough for everything...but still quad-sli sounds cool! :D...
and it's pretty obvious there will be multi GPU Video cards and maybe the need of sli will die :)

We are in an age of miniture-zation (sp). Things aren't getting faster they're getting smaller.

WTF would a 32-core CPU do anyway? Run multiple OS's? Virtual Machine? I'm happy with my computer, it does all I need it to. Realworld application is the key not POWER.

It would be nice to have multiple GPU processors on one card. That's the future... :chef:

Just like someone else stated before, imagine how expensive dell would charge you for that. For an upgrade to like 4gb on a laptop, they want like 1500$. Screw that. I would be willing to bet they would try and get an extra $2000 out of you if you wanted that VGA setup. As for PSU, Im not even sure a 1000W would do the trick.

ANd lastly, what in the hell would you need those cards for anyways?

Coth, Sapphire is just now putting out an X1950 Pro with two GPUs on one PCB. The drivers are still in a beta stage so Crossfire doesn't work in some applications, but it has been done. I don't know if you could Crossfire two of them together. :)

:chef:

dreddnott said:
Coth, Sapphire is just now putting out an X1950 Pro with two GPUs on one PCB. The drivers are still in a beta stage so Crossfire doesn't work in some applications, but it has been done. I don't know if you could Crossfire two of them together. :)

Nice! See... the heard me think that... :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back