478 pin.

By johnmayo
Sep 25, 2006
  1. Does anyone know where i can get one of those plastic things that screw on the motherboard that hold the heatsink for 478 pin?
  2. cfitzarl

    cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

    Do you have a pic of one?
  3. johnmayo

    johnmayo Banned Topic Starter Posts: 61

    No but it is the thing that your heatsink clamps on to..
  4. cfitzarl

    cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

    Lol, I know what you're talking about, but I don't know where to buy one without getting a new heatsink.
  5. johnmayo

    johnmayo Banned Topic Starter Posts: 61

    lol its for my friends Dell 2300 he broke a piece off of it..but he wont admit it lol
  6. F1N3ST

    F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

    Buy a 10$ HSF combo from newegg. Look at the pix to see if they come with one.
  7. korrupt

    korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

    I suppose you really need it?

    You can't just use some thermal goo?


  8. KingCody

    KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +7

    Hi Johnny,

    I'm not aware of any stores that sell a replacement heatsink mount. but you could try a computer repair shop nearby. give them a call, chances are they have a few junk boards lying around (which would likely have a good HS mount). if you're lucky they won't even charge you for it.

    cheers :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.