5.1 DVD player to PC

m0onmon

Greetings. im newbie here help me to solve my problem.

my 5.1 DVD player is connected as audio out of my pc and its on stereo using RCA cable.

I want to experience surround sound. What should I do?
[FONT=Verdana]1.) Buy HDMI and plug it to DVD to PC videoCard? 2.) Buy sound card and toslink?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Thank you so much in advance =)[/FONT]
531769_700093110006801_361643885_n.jpg

1012250_700093123340133_1781597733_n.jpg

Soundcard that supports Dolby Digital Live, optical TOSLINK cable. That's IF your home theatre supports DDL decoding.

This will give you surroundn sound on games.

Thank you for the reply, I already think of it though it will cost. is there any other method? which is not costly? so I can try it out asap hehe

Nope, you need a sound card and a receiver which can en/de-code DDL. I think there may be one other obscure format which will work... but basically you need the above.

The problem lies in that the audio channels for the game need to be 'combined'.

Also, your receiver looks like it only has RCA input, or optical.

Greetings, im buying audio card on my PC so I can experience surround sound 5.1 on my samsung ht c350, because for now its only plug via RCA and produce only stereo.
so now I am choosing on this 3 sound card which will be good for my component, my samsung have optical audio but my PC motherboard dont have.

[FONT=Verdana]Asus Xonar DGX PCIE [/FONT]

I
ASUSXonarDGX.jpg

[FONT=Verdana] Asus Xonar DGX 5.1[/FONT]

asusxonardgxpcie.jpg

[FONT=Verdana]Asus Xonar DG [/FONT]

asusxonardgpci.jpg

Dude, you're asking the wrong questions. You need to:

1. Make sure your Samsung home theatre supports Dolby Digital Live (DDL) decoding.
2. If yes, pick up a sound card that supports DDL encoding.
3. If no, pick up a $100 pair of Logitech 5.1 PC speakers. Done. No need for sound card.

You're not going to get 5.1 surround sound on your games with your home theatre if you don't follow this.

Asus Xonar DGX PCIE
No mention of DDL, don't get it.

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1
This is the same card as above.

Asus Xonar DG
Nope, no DDL again.

I don't know what the sound blaster thing is in your previous post.

This one has DDL.

Hello im sorry, I dont have enough knowledge about this stuff.

my samsung ht-c350
[FONT=Arial]Audio Feature[/FONT]

• MP3 Enhancer available
  • Power Bass available
  • 8 DSP(Audio Feature)
  • Dolby Digital available
  • Dolby Pro Logic II available
Well maybe I should sell this one and bought logitech.. to bad I cant enjoy 5.1 on my home theater thank you so much ;)

If not for games, do those audio card will produce 5.1 on movies? Or any other method simpler? Sorry for plenty of asking. I just want to experience the feature of surround sound. I forgot to mention used mostly on movies.

What kind of movies? Rips found on the internet? The movie needs to output using DTS or something, which is piped out via sound card to your home theatre. Games output sound differently, so you need to make sure card and receiver can handle DDL.

The easy solution is to use the three analogue plugs on your mobo and purchase a Logitech or similar PC surround sound system. Just make sure that the mobo audio supports 5.1.

5.1 movies, some are BD rip I tried it playing 5.1 but only 2 speakers runs. Yes you are right better buy computer audio component than use DVD home theater so complicated to set up.

Back