5 monitor setup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is my setup:
1 AGP Matrox G400 Melinnium Dualhead(AGP slot)
1 PCI S3 ViRGE DX/GX(PCI slot 1)
2 PCI S3 Trio32/64(PCI slots 2 and 3)

Im tring to get a 5 monitor setup going to display information(stocks, mostly.)

Im running into an error, "This Device cannot start (Error:10)" on the 2 Trio32/64 cards, and I have found that it only starts the card in the first PCI slot, it gives these errors no matter what cards are in the 2nd/3rd slots. This is a MicroATX board, so it doesn't have any more PCI slots to put it in, only 3 slots.

So far, I have found that it might be a problem with the IRQ's because windows complains if 2 graphics cards are on the same IRQ(ACPI compliant or not.)

I was thinking of fixing this, but I cannot change the IRQ on any of the PCI cards. I have 2 windows installs on this machine, one with a Multiprocessor ACPI HAL(I have a hyper threading P4) and one with a MTS Multiprocessor HAL. I would prefer to use the ACPI HAL, if at all possible, because it seems to be the one that works with my HT cpu best, the MTS multiprocessor doesn't recognize the HT at all.

I would appreciate all information given.

Thanks,
--Nathan Ladwig

I once tried to use a Trio card in a dualhead setting.. Never got it to run. Maybe it's the Trio chip/firmware/drivers that don't play well?

do you know if putting the trio in the first slot and the other cards in the other slots would let me get at least 4 of them up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back