500w PSU for $69!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, isnt that nice, might have to pick me up one of those fun little toys, and to my color choice as well. does anyone know if they are for sure ohn the amd aproved list?

Originally posted by young&wild
IMHO, a PSU in the AMD approved list is not always a quality PSU.

Agreed, figures relating to the output on each of the rails (5v, 12v etc.) are more useful than an AMD certification.

This reminds me that by actually buying a AMD certificed PSU, you are indirectly paying extra just for the certification which means nothing in most cases. This is similar to buying a THX certified speakers, where extra hidden cost is present in the price tag to compensate the money paid to use THX logo in speakers.

FrozenCPU knows what they are doing and I've bought numerous things from them. They only sell high quality products so I would go as far as to say any PSU that they sell is going to be worth your money. Though in most cases you can get a better price on the same product at newegg.com but FrozenCPU's service is just as good or better than NewEgg. I've spoken with them on the phone also and they are down to earth and nice guys. I definately recommend buying from them. Though Im not saying that this PSU is a greeeaaatt PSU because I dont really know but the point is I trust frozencpu's expertise, so I wouldn't worry about having problems with it if I bought it from them :).

I wonder what the noise output on that thing is.

Many 400W PSU are allready way above 33dBa & it's unbearable.

PS. Why would anyone need 500W for anything other then a server BTW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back