502 bad gateway

Thanks for reporting this, it was difficult to reproduce but in the end we found out that it only affected some user profiles and that it was required that you where logged in to trigger the error page.
With this information at hand @adonisfigueroa fixed the issue in 5 minutes.
As always thanks for reporting any errors you see :)

Hi, error 502 is server side...
But neither me nor Adonis has managed to reproduce it today...
Can you give some more details on how to reproduce it? (And just be be sure please do clear your browser cache & cookies)

Hmm; the link in post#8 gives me 502 also.

update: Using FireFox 12.0 fails
IE 9.0.0 is OK
Opera 12.2 is OK

Well as it happens I just started a new job in an office the pc is running W7 and is on a domain so im sure its nothing on my side however this has happened at home on my old laptop and netbook as well, both running XP with IE8
Its nothing im doing wrong im sure.
suggestions welcome, bear in mind JB has the same issue.

All I can say is that it randomly occurs during the browsing of the gallery pictures, but again as it has happened on 3 different PC's with 2 seperate ISP's.

FWIW, the link is working okay for me. I'm using W7 Home 64 bit with Firefox 16.0.2.

Finally I was able to reproduce this again.
Your gallery link above Ididmyc600 works fine for me.

However these two links throw the 502 Bad Gatway, but only when I am logged in (Just like last time)
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/random-stuff/p4716-update-required-insert-hand.html
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/random-stuff/p4715-nowhere-to-run.html
I was using IE9 when testing on Win7 x64

adonisfigueroa do you have some idea what the problem could be this time?

@jobeard you said above that you could only reproduce the problem in one of your 3 browser, but was it infact so that you where simply not logged in (on Techspot) in the browsers that worked?

@jobeard you said above that you could only reproduce the problem in one of your 3 browser, but was it infact so that you where simply not logged in (on Techspot) in the browsers that worked?
Both Opera & Chrome present the page regardless of login

Today, FF is behaving well too (ie no 502).

We'll be upgrading the gallery to the latest version next month, but regardless we are in serious need of a better alternative. Photopost is dead software not because it's not getting updates but because it's seriously dated on both frontend and backend.

"502" errors are sometimes caused by too many simultaneous calls to the same server. Someone once confided in me that he gets the same error code opening too many tabs and trying to download too many dirty pictures at once.

Personally of course, I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Back