6600GT and my OS crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, the past 1-2 months. My 6600GT has been giving me problems. I downgraded to 77.77 drivers and it went fine. Recently this weekend, my card in all my games just crashed after 5 seconds of game and went into power save mode on my monitor. I was able to use my desktop fine etc.. But now I can' even boot my OS. My OS crashes once it gets to the login screen. A blue screen appears for a little milisecond, its impossible to read. And then the computer just restarts and does it again and again and again. I can open it up in safe mode. I have no idea what to do, I know my card runs hot but it should be able to at least load the desktop correct?

Ok first step is to find out what that blue screen says. In your bios there is a setting for when windows crashes it auto shut downs the computer preventing the BSD (blue screen of Death) error from showing up. cant remember the settings exact name but it will have "shut down" next to it as the current setting, you change it to where it does nothing. than restart get the error message write it down than we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back