7600gt apg install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

adtnsd

hi. i have a dell dim 8300. My power supply is 305w. I recently installed 4gb of ram. With dell you have to install dual sticks, so i have 4 sticks 1gig each. I tried to upgrade my video card from a nvidia 5200 agp to a nvidia geforce 7600gt agp. I read on some of the forums it was compatible with my system. I've been having lots of problems with this card. When i install the7600gt my monitor says "MONITOR POWER SAVING MODE." I sent the first one back and recieved a new one. Still having same problem. Unsure where to go from here, so i took it in to a tech store to have a look at it. They checked bios, tried a 400w power supply, removed 2 sticks of ram to see if it made a difference. Still no luck. The techs said during start up they would hear three short beeps but that was only after they hit the delete button. In the end, they told me the card was problaby 5 volts and they think my system can only handle 3.5. But most of the forums i read said this card works with my system. What am I doing wrong? Please help! Thanks, adtnsd.

Here my specs. support.dell.com/support/edoc...0/sm/index.htm[/url]

I just found out that the person who sold the card to me on e-bay put it was a 7600gt agp. But sent my a pci-express. Thanks for all you guys help. Sorry for wasting your time.

adtnsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back