8-steps, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetCablesPlus

Hi,

The past couple of days, my Outlook has been acting strangely. Up until a few days ago, when I would shut down Outlook for the night, that would be that. I wpi;d start it up in the morning and it would download all of the emails that it had not gotten throughour the night. Now, however, it seems to keep running (though it closes down normally) and pulling emails from the server all night long.

I thought that this might be something to do with malware wanting to use my email, so I just ran the 8 steps (sort of) and am attaching the three files.

The only step that I did not do was the update Java one. I went to the site and it indicated that I do not have Java installed. I also went to my Add/Remove programs and do not see Java there. Since the machine does everything that I need it for without Java, I am thinking that it would be a mistake to install Java? Let me know if that is not the case and I will install it on the machine.

TIA,

JR

Run the 8-steps exactly - not "sort of"

Hello JR,:wave:you've been here longer than me, so I may be offering nothing new to you...
If so, no disrespect intended, okay?:)
From what I have seen it is expected to follow the eight steps exactly, not just "sort of"...
Looking at the HJT I see you have some issues that may/will interfere with that process...

The advice is... Remove your current AV (McAffee), and install, update and run Avira.
Then follow the steps through precisely. What happens with CCleaner?
You will need to disable TeaTImer for part of the process...
Finally, it looks like you have more than one anti-spy... I do not know about compatibilities... whether these programs can peacefully coexist and do their jobs?

After you have run the 8 steps exactly, one of the experienced helpers will be able to better assist you.
I'll check back in to see if I can stumble around a bit more too.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back